Question about Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Default Question about Marion County

We are currently looking at a home in Marion County, about a mile and a half from Mulberry RRC. For those of you that live in the area, what are the pluses and minuses?
Old 12-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

pros, IMO. Less traffic, in my area pretty quite, not as crowded, mature landscape and VA clinic close it that important? Cons IMO, less amenities, county taxes higher, may hear train whistle’s depending how close to 301? Landscape may be over grown or if you got rock yard over years dirt and dust has accumulated above mat or several owners cut hole planting shrubs causing weeds more often than usual.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

I've lived in springdale for 19 yrs... it's nice to be about 15/20 minutes by golf cart to 2 squares and 466... it's just far enough away that it is a little quieter traffic wise and the hustle/bustle..

what I never knew was that marion county residents are responsible for all road repairs in their district other than the main road Buena Vista Blvd... we were never informed that when purchasing ... I believe all other districts S of 466A are paid for by their county (sumter) I know district 4 which we pay into has been collecting $$ for years for the repairs

overall it's a nice quiet well kept area and so far no major expansions north of us like they keep doing to the south
Old 12-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Gold member

The northern part of The Villages is a great location. Less traffic in the winter, close to Savannah Center, many golf courses are only a 10 minute cart ride away. By far this is the most beautiful area in The Villages. The landscape is beautiful with so many older trees everywhere. Your also just a short car ride away from all of the shopping on 441 and 466. The new First Responders recreation center will be up and running in 2022 with a Putt & Play course similar to what is in the Fenney area. Marion county taxes are a little higher then Sumter. This area also still has a very large cash reserve fund still left over from the lawsuit which the won about 12 years ago. This fund had updated the Saddlebrook, El Santiago recreation centers. You won't go wrong with this location.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyjourneyfan View Post
We are currently looking at a home in Marion County, about a mile and a half from Mulberry RRC. For those of you that live in the area, what are the pluses and minuses?
We love the area you describe, But, you really need to checkout the ages of the Roof and the HVAC system in any house you're considering.
If the roof is original, you will probably have to replace it now in order to qualify for homeowner insurance.
If the HVAC system is original you will probably have major repair or replacement costs sooner vs later.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:13 PM

Thank you for your comments. We will be closing on our house in January. The roof is new (2019). The A/C is old, so we will have to keep an eye on it. It is beautiful there and we like all of the mature trees. I also like that the houses are a little more spread apart. Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:39 PM
Default Glad to see these posts

I'm closing on a courtyard villa mid January. My wife and I feel in love with the area after looking at new units first. The area just feels more established and comfortable. We love the Lopez course for dinner, and the pool house is awesome for lunch, less than 1.5 miles away for us.
Good luck
Bud
Old 12-27-2020, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We bought almost 2 years ago in a new neighborhood. We love it there. Just ask many questions about sink holes as there have been a couple. 2 houses were destroyed a few years back so be sure to get protection and investigate some. Good luck and everything else is just great there.
Closed Thread

Tags
marion, county, question, live, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.