questions about Stonecrest

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Well they do offer a couple of things TV doesnt. One if you want to do a VA loan on a new home you can do it. And you have a mailbox in front of your house

We were considering building there but the issue was the area they were currently building in didn't care so much for what was around it.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The poster who reopened this 18 month old thread said he had explored Stonecrest.
Between April & when we bought in September we looked in-person at a total of 24 homes in TV, Stonecrest & Del Webb Spruce Creek Golf. That doesn't take into consideration the nearly 500 homes in these different commnities that we checked out over the internet.

We found that Stonecrest fit our needs the best of any.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Platinum member

Any prior posters that were happy with the TV decision not so happy? If not, why? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspadget View Post
Does anyone know anything about Stonecrest. I understand that you can go to tv with your golf cart. Not sure about where to buy a home, Will be coming and checking out both places next month. I saw some bigger homes and bigger lots at Stonecrest. Please let me know what you think and know regarding the area's around t.v.

Thanks for your input.......
Hello. I live in Stonecrest. I absolutely love it! I can drive around the community without feeling rushed on my golf cart. We are getting the dirt path paved soon that leads to the Villages. They are building a huge assisted living place and the owner has permission to pave the path. It's true you can get a really nice house for the money. We have two gates with remotes straight into Walmart parking lot for golf carts. I have lived here almost four years. My husband and I are under 60. Right now I'm happy to go to one of the many pools (4). Fitness center and activities. If you are ever interested in my community write me and I would be happy to show you around.

Linda Kolakoski
nd2prazhim2@yahoo.com
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko38 View Post
Hello. I live in Stonecrest. I absolutely love it! I can drive around the community without feeling rushed on my golf cart. We are getting the dirt path paved soon that leads to the Villages. They are building a huge assisted living place and the owner has permission to pave the path. It's true you can get a really nice house for the money. We have two gates with remotes straight into Walmart parking lot for golf carts. I have lived here almost four years. My husband and I are under 60. Right now I'm happy to go to one of the many pools (4). Fitness center and activities. If you are ever interested in my community write me and I would be happy to show you around.

Linda Kolakoski
nd2prazhim2@yahoo.com
If you're so happy with Stonecrest, why go to the Villages at all? Being close to Walmart wouldn't be a big sell for me for sure. You're missing out on so much by living there, but to each his own. It's definitely not anywhere close to what you get by living in the Villages.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,662 Times in 593 Posts

I didn't read all the replies. We looked at Stonecrest - yes you get bigger lots and bigger homes for the money. If that's your criteria, go for it.

We thought it didn't quite look as well maintained. We didn't like the idea of exiting onto highway 27/441 all the time to do anything. And we are not golfers, we like other activities, and so, TV was the much better fit for us.

Best wishes
Old 10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
If you're so happy with Stonecrest, why go to the Villages at all? Being close to Walmart wouldn't be a big sell for me for sure. You're missing out on so much by living there, but to each his own. It's definitely not anywhere close to what you get by living in the Villages.
I think Stonecrest may be the second best choice of retirement villages in America.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Sort of an odd statement. That's like saying that "if you like living in Ocala why would you drive to Leesburg for anything?" Maybe there's a store there that sells something I'd like, or there's a resturant I'd like to eat at. Most people don't spend all their lives every single day in the same place.

Also, you're only "missing out" if you want to be involved in all the different groups, clubs & activities. If that isn't you're thing, then you're not missing out at all. The only thing we were interested in when we chose Stonecrest over TV were the pools. We're not golfers or "group" people. However, if you want to be a part of what amounts to the never-ending summer camp for adults, then TV is absolutely the place to be. There's nothing like it anyplace else. You can schedule yourself from 8am-9pm and be busy all day long if that's your thing. Stonecrest & Del Webb can't compete with that, and I don't think they pretend to. TV is TV and there's nothing else like it..If that's what you want.

And..TVs public centers are just that..public. The stores, agencies & restaurants there are all privately owned businesses that are open to the general public. The amenity fees paid by residents do not go to support private business. I would suspect that most people working in these businesses do not live in TV. Does that mean they should not shop there, or buy their insurance there, or see a doctor there?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
"Sort of an odd statement. That's like saying that "if you like living in Ocala why would you drive to Leesburg for anything?" Maybe there's a store there that sells something I'd like, or there's a resturant I'd like to eat at. Most people don't spend all their lives every single day in the same place."
But an awful lot of people who live in the Villages do live almost their entire lives within the Villages. For many people it a rare event to get into your car and leave the community.

We leave the Villages by car perhaps once a week or less.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
But an awful lot of people who live in the Villages do live almost their entire lives within the Villages. For many people it a rare event to get into your car and leave the community.

We leave the Villages by car perhaps once a week or less.
That's very interesting. Personally, I can't imagine doing that, but that's just us.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,613 Times in 1,760 Posts

Does Stonecrest have a fitness center and/or an indoor pool?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Does Stonecrest have a fitness center and/or an indoor pool?
Yes to both.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=OldManTime;569231]Stonecrest is accessable by golf cart from the Villages, but at the descression of the Villages developer it can be cut off..../QUOTE]

The only way it can be cut off is to close it down completely and deny the the thousands of TV residents from using it to get to Lowes, Walmart etc. by golf cart. You cannot create a restricted access route to the public roads in Orange Blossom Gardens, it's against the law! That's why the gate arms were removed.

And a few more corrections:

The ten or so championship golf courses are privately owned and open to the pubic and therefore so are their restaurants and bars.

The golf cart bridge was built and maintained by the private retail establishments, traverses a state road and it too is therefore public.

The nightly entertainment is paid for by the retailers and not TV amenenity funds. It too is open to the public.

The two golf cart entrances to Stonecrest to/from Walmart are restricted to Stonecrest residents because our roads are private.

And I think it's silly to suggest that the sheer number of pools, club houses, tennis courts is a definative factor in determing the quality of life in a given community.

Just saying.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=EdVinMass;572337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
Stonecrest is accessable by golf cart from the Villages, but at the descression of the Villages developer it can be cut off..../QUOTE]

The only way it can be cut off is to close it down completely and deny the the thousands of TV residents from using it to get to Lowes, Walmart etc. by golf cart. You cannot create a restricted access route to the public roads in Orange Blossom Gardens, it's against the law! That's why the gate arms were removed.

And a few more corrections:

The ten or so championship golf courses are privately owned and open to the pubic and therefore so are their restaurants and bars.

The golf cart bridge was built and maintained by the private retail establishments, traverses a state road and it too is therefore public.

The nightly entertainment is paid for by the retailers and not TV amenenity funds. It too is open to the public.

The two golf cart entrances to Stonecrest to/from Walmart are restricted to Stonecrest residents because our roads are private.

And I think it's silly to suggest that the sheer number of pools, club houses, tennis courts is a definative factor in determing the quality of life in a given community.

Just saying.
You and Mack and my friends who live there in Stonecrest enjoy it there in Stonecrest..

Me and Sweetie and a few other of my friends who live in The Villages enjoy it there in The Villages.

To each their own.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Sage

You pays ur money and you takes ur choice.

(No right or wrong about it).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.