Questions about the Villages Health System

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2022, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
Being new here I'm checking out The Villages Health System. I would need to join the Florida Blue Advantage plan and suspend my Federal Retiree Blue Cross coverage. I have no experience with an HMO system. Three questions come to mind.
1. If you have experience with Villages Health would you be willing to share any thoughts or experiences about it?
2. Have you suspended your federal retiree coverage to do this and are you satisfied with that decision?
3. If I keep my federal retiree coverage does this area provide enough adequate health care providers outside the TV HMO system without traveling to the cities?
I am retired and have FepBlue. It is handled by Florida Blue in Florida. When I lived in another state it was handled by their version of BlueCross/BlueShield. I did not keep Medicare part B because I saw no reason to pay over $300 per month for both of us when we had complete coverage via FepBlue or FloridaBlue or whatever you wish to call it. I still receive my insurance card from FepBlue.
There is no difference in you FepBlue coverage here as anywhere else. You still have FepBlue.

Tags
health, system, villages, coverage, retiree

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.