Questions from ky

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Default Questions from ky

We've been hanging around the forum since last April. Our house just sold here in Louisville and we'll be making our way to TV the end of Jan. to search for our Villa. We're planning on a big Penske truck, and wondering if anyone knows of a place to park while waiting for closing? We also need a couple young guys to unload. Any suggestions would be appreciated. C&F
Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage

How long to you anticipate it will take to find a villa, buy it and close?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcrogers322 View Post
We've been hanging around the forum since last April. Our house just sold here in Louisville and we'll be making our way to TV the end of Jan. to search for our Villa. We're planning on a big Penske truck, and wondering if anyone knows of a place to park while waiting for closing? We also need a couple young guys to unload. Any suggestions would be appreciated. C&F
Why don't you fly down now..first to find a house? THAT much stress of parking a moving truck and finding a house would do ME in!!

Good luck and every good wish. I need to get more adventurous. Sweetie is always telling me I am overplanned.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Why don't you fly down now..first to find a house? THAT much stress of parking a moving truck and finding a house would do ME in!!

Good luck and every good wish. I need to get more adventurous. Sweetie is always telling me I am overplanned.
It's funny, but my wife was telling me something similar yesterday!

crogers322: Check this Google search where you'll find self storages around TV. You can probably find one where storing the truck is possible. You could also check if there is a Penske associate in the area and possibly store the truck there!

Click this link or copy and paste if the above link doesn't work.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...es&hnear=&z=11
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would rent a house for a month or so to avoid being pressured to find a home to put my stuff. Sorry that I can't help you with any recommendations but I remember there are posts that recommend moving people and large vehicle parking. You could try doing a search for these recommendations.

Best Wishes to find a home you will love and start your retirement with.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:18 PM

I'm sorry I confused you, but we plan on coming the end of Jan. to buy a Villa. We'll come back with the truck when it's time to close. That's when we need to figure out where to park the big truck. Thanks for getting back to us so quick. We're still trying to learn this site and are very rusty doing this kind of thing. Catherine
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I'm sorry I confused you, but we plan on coming the end of Jan. to buy a Villa. We'll come back with the truck when it's time to close. That's when we need to figure out where to park the big truck. Thanks for getting back to us so quick. We're still trying to learn this site and are very rusty doing this kind of thing. Catherine
Oh Catherine. I am relieved to hear this.

GOOD! Enjoy your search...and your find and every day of your life here with us.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Sage

Catherine:

I am also relieved to hear this as I thought you might be putting the cart before the horse.

I'm sorry I didn't realized that you were brand new to this site.

Welome to TOTV. I'm sure other member will respond to your concerns.

I wish you the best in your search for a home that you will be very happy in living in TV. It won't be hard to be happy in TV with all the wonderful people you will meet.

Good Luck!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Gold member
Default Call Neighborhood Watch

We moved stuff in the summer when we closed on our villa, parked in the guest parking for 4 days or so. Usually you only get the truck for 5-7 days, can't remember exactly and different companies (we used Budget) may be different.

If it's small enough, it might fit in your driveway backed up to your garage.

If it won't fit in the driveway or guest parking, I think you are allowed to park at your neighborhood pool or nearby rec center parking lot with permission from Neighborhood Watch - think they give you some kind of day limited pass to put in the windshield. Call and check to see what the current situation is.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Congrats on your decision. It's so much fun to look at houses and villas and decide which Village you prefer. They are all great. You'll love it here. Welcome to the best years of your life!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

I would suggest you ask your agent or community watch about parking. Our agent got us 2 guys to unload our truck.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Sage

C & F,
Welcome to TV and TOTV. Congratulations on selling your house! Your TV agent can help with your questions. Best wishes.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Sage

Happy for you that you got your home in Louisville sold - good for you!

Bill
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Congrats on your decision. It's so much fun to look at houses and villas and decide which Village you prefer. They are all great. You'll love it here. Welcome to the best years of your life!
I coulda-woulda said that.

Explore-enjoy you're gonna love it
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.