Monthly Amenity Fee

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Default Monthly Amenity Fee

I just received my May invoice from the North Sumter County Utility Dependent District and noticed that the monthly Amenity Fee has increased from $135 to $137.85 per month. Since I am a snow bird and have recently returned to WI (sure do miss TVas it is 38 degree and there is a possibility of frost) I do not have the last month’s statement to see when the change occurred. We live in Dist. 8 and think that the changed was implemented last month (Aprl) as there is a statement saying “AMB Next calculation date is 4/2012”. I’m not complaining as this is a modest increase and we do get many services that we use and many several more that we do not take advantage of at this time for this monthly charge. I should know how the fee is determined but do not. I would appreciate anyone’s help in explaining this or able to direct me to a document that does.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfjr View Post
I just received my May invoice from the North Sumter County Utility Dependent District and noticed that the monthly Amenity Fee has increased from $135 to $137.85 per month. Since I am a snow bird and have recently returned to WI (sure do miss TVas it is 38 degree and there is a possibility of frost) I do not have the last month’s statement to see when the change occurred. We live in Dist. 8 and think that the changed was implemented last month (Aprl) as there is a statement saying “AMB Next calculation date is 4/2012”. I’m not complaining as this is a modest increase and we do get many services that we use and many several more that we do not take advantage of at this time for this monthly charge. I should know how the fee is determined but do not. I would appreciate anyone’s help in explaining this or able to direct me to a document that does.
I believe that the amenity fee is calculated on the anniversary month of your purchase of the property. I also believe that there is a 3% limit on raising the fee. Who creates the budget and the resulting charges I'm not clear on. I'm assuming each District has a role in it. For real information try: Amenity / Water Bill Customer Service Representatives: Customer Service Representatives are available to discuss your water and amenity bills. They can also be reached by telephone by calling (352) 750-0000. This Website has an abundance of useful information, you may want to bookmark it: http://www.districtgov.org/

When you are in The Villages, you may want to attend one of the Thursday Information Sessions at the Customer Service Building on Wedgewood Lane. It is excellent and many people go every year or two for an update. They have a set format, but the Q & A often takes in more interesting stuff. It is really worthwhile.

Xavier
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum member
Default Tied to Index

It is tied to the CPI (or one of the other indices..not sure which). Because of that, ours actually went down in 2009. Yes, there is a very low cap on the amount of increase.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan
Default Have heard that it is tied to CPI but thats impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
It is tied to the CPI (or one of the other indices..not sure which). Because of that, ours actually went down in 2009. Yes, there is a very low cap on the amount of increase.
The current administration has said that there has been no increase in CPI because housing cost have gone down.

Now tell that to somebody who is living in a home on a fixed income like many seniors. Fact is, inflation/CPI is up. It has to be up due to the fuel cost affecting every inch of every product.

I believe that those in Washington (figure out who) want to keep the CPI as down or no increase, because there are criteria that will affect pay increases for everybody from Social Security, to Military pay. Nobody in Washington wants that to happen. We're too far in debt.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.