Rec Center vs Town Square

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Default Rec Center vs Town Square

Hello… Just wondering if there are any events that are not clubs or routine things at the rec centers…
I know we can go to events/parties like Fourth of July at town squares, but they are open to the public.
I’m just wondering if the rec centers have any events or parties that are only open to villages? We are from NY & some places here have event coordinators that hold parties/events not open to the public… Thinking like pool parties at rec centers or something.
Thanks!

Last edited by flamilak; 10-08-2022 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello… Just wondering if there are any events that are not clubs or routine things at the rec centers…
I know we can go to events/parties like Fourth of July at town squares, but they are open to the public.
I’m just wondering if the rec centers have any events or parties that are only open to villages? We are from NY & some places here have event coordinators that hold parties/events not open to the public… Thinking like pool parties at rec centers or something.
Thanks!
Look at the districtgov.org website. Go to recreation department then socials. This shows different activities at different rec centers. You must get tickets to attend even when free. You will find the same information in the recreation news on the last Thursday of the month on the back page.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Look at the districtgov.org website. Go to recreation department then socials. This shows different activities at different rec centers. You must get tickets to attend even when free. You will find the same information in the recreation news on the last Thursday of the month on the back page.
Thank you so much!
Old 10-08-2022, 08:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Thank you! Great post, I knew that when we moved here 3 years ago and had forgotten. CRS!
Old 10-08-2022, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

There is a musical group that holds concert at Aviary rec center ever month or so at no charge and no tickets are needed. Just have to be a villager.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
There is a musical group that holds concert at Aviary rec center ever month or so at no charge and no tickets are needed. Just have to be a villager.
Thank you!!!
Old 10-10-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Rhinking like pool parties at rec centers or something.
Thanks!
Pool parties are common at regional rec centers.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Flam...using the sports pools for parties are not free....you must pay to rent the pool and only villagers can do this. And not all sports pools can be rented. Seabreeze for one can be rented.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks!
Events at rec centers that are organized by a specific villages social club often open up to village residents of other villages a week or two before the event. Members of the specific social club have first chance to register. Sometimes, the event sells out before it can be opened to outside the specific village
Old 10-10-2022, 11:04 AM
Default Rec Center Happenings

Quote:
Thanks!
If you like Doo Wop music, there are many events that feature that kind of music. Most events are free to Villagers. I have built a website that features most of the entertainers in The Villages that feature Doo Wop entertainment. There are many open door rehearsals and sock hops. Check the site out at: Doo Wop In The Villages, FL – Doo Wop Entertainment In The Villages, FL
Old 10-10-2022, 12:29 PM

Below are the 3,000 Club Listings. Socials are printed on back of Rec Ctr news once a month - forgot which month.
https://www.districtgov.org/images/d...bs-Listing.pdf
Old 10-12-2022, 03:24 PM

Very good post. I will definitely check out the Doo Wop entertainment
Closed Thread

Tags
rec, open, i’m, town, events

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.