Recycle

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2021, 07:37 AM
Location: Currently Genesee, Colorado but selling house soon and heading out in a van. We’ll be in TV in Kct
Default Recycle

Hello Villagers, my wife and I are looking forward to forward to meeting all of you. We live in Marsh Bend.

I’ve searched the forums and find nothing specific about recycling. Haven’t yet called the office so figured I would ask here for everyone’s benefit.

Is there recycle pickup and if so are they on the same days as trash? I’ve heard use clear plastic bags but can you mix metal and plastic in the same bags?
If there is no recycle pickup does The Villages have a community drop off and if not does anyone know where the closest one is located?

Thank you in advance for your response and if I find out more from the office I’ll post an update here.

Jim, Kim & Finn 🐕
Old 10-30-2021, 07:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

At one time there was recycling now it all gets put in the trash incinerated.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage

In the past, there were trash, recycling, and yard waste pickups via separate trucks (trash twice per week, recycling once per week, and yard waste once per week). There is now a combined pickup of all three by a single truck, twice per week. The Contractor is Covanta and they burn the waste to generate electric power. You can consider that the new form of recycling. They apparently have a mechanism for separating out metal. I save my crushed aluminum cans and sell them for beer money a few times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMeso View Post
Hello Villagers, my wife and I are looking forward to forward to meeting all of you. We live in Marsh Bend.

I’ve searched the forums and find nothing specific about recycling. Haven’t yet called the office so figured I would ask here for everyone’s benefit.

Is there recycle pickup and if so are they on the same days as trash? I’ve heard use clear plastic bags but can you mix metal and plastic in the same bags?
If there is no recycle pickup does The Villages have a community drop off and if not does anyone know where the closest one is located?

Thank you in advance for your response and if I find out more from the office I’ll post an update here.

Jim, Kim & Finn 🐕
Old 11-02-2021, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

The Villages uses single stream recycling. No need to separate waste. The waste is burned in a special facility to make energy.

Waste-to-Energy - Covanta

Lake | Covanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMeso View Post

Jim, Kim & Finn 🐕
Closed Thread

Tags
recycle, pickup, i’ve, office, bags

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.