Renting sight unseen property concern

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Sage

Safest bet if you can't view/inspect the prospective place yourself is to connect with someone who can check the place out for you. As has already been stated, just doing a drive by to look the outside over might not always work. Having someone get access to see the inside is certainly the way to go.

There are more than a few great folks here on TOTV who would be willing to help you out!

Bill
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Larry,
We own a lovely, well-maintained home on the north side. We offer it for rent, as we are still snowflakes for a couple of years. I'm surprised that you would disparage all of us because of one bad landlord. That doesn't make any sense, and it is hurtful.

Pturner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Who said all? Many of my best friends live in the historic side in beautiful homes. However, you can't swept under the rug that the Villages started here with trailers. The big problem are people who only use them to rent. That said, there are many nice rentals everywhere.
nice pick-up Pturner - i live on the historic side and felt offended by this disparaging comment, too. don't care if larry wilson has friends here or not! absentee landlords can be a problem anywhere - or not!

Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Veteran member

We rented through The Villages sales office. The units are privately owned but are maintained to Villages standards and are fully equipped. We were very satisfied.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Gold member

Can you rent thru the Villages for more than 28 days? My sister has her house in the Villages rental program and will have 3 different tenants - and have to pay 3 different cleaning fees - for Jan., Feb., and March.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

I rented for a month with the option to renew. However, we found our home right away and closed within 3 weeks so we didn't need the rental any longer.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Did The Villages Property Management change their policy on golf carts? My sister was told not to have one available - not sure if they want to rent theirs or are concerned about the liability - but they supply them for the Lifestyle Preview Program. However, I guess that's THEIR liability and not the homeowner. You can find lots of homes with golf carts when renting privately. That's a pretty big expense during the season - another $300/month, I think. And that's if you reserved it early enough to get one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.