Request input on moving and where to buy furniture

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Sage

We furnished our house with consignment furniture from Bargains and Treasures. Great stuff at good prices. They only accept quality furniture in very good shape.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-27-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

PODS are about $2,500 to move and $200 per month for added storage time.
Best option I've found.

There's a good used furniture store (I don't know if I'd say they're inexpensive, but it's cheaper than new) on highway 466 just before you hit 301, on the right just past the train tracks - I call it "Trash & Treasures" but it's really "Treasures and Finds" or something like that.

If you get a mattress, the absolute best are The Original Mattress Factory in Orlando, not the lightweight junk they sell around here (Sealy, Serta, Simmons are all really poor these days, IMHO)

best wishes
Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post

There's a good used furniture store (I don't know if I'd say they're inexpensive, but it's cheaper than new) on highway 466 just before you hit 301, on the right just past the train tracks - I call it "Trash & Treasures" but it's really "Treasures and Finds" or something like that.
John, are you talking about Bargains and Treasures (but that store isn't on CR 466). Or is there a consignment store that I've missed??
Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Barefoot, that's it.. it's just off 466 on the county road.
You can see it from 466, it's a block off.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post

Just to clarify John's post, he is talking about Bargains and Treasures, which has been referred to in previous posts. 4137 Country Road 106, Oxford.

There is a McDonalds on CR 466. If you turn left just across from the golden arches, you'll be on a little road called CR 106. It looks almost like someone's driveway. Follow CR 106 along and pass the railroad tracks. CR 106 then runs west over to CR 301.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:30 PM

How about rooms to go? I think showcase direct is a little expensive. Conways in leesburg is pretty good.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,001 Times in 1,201 Posts

Did you try a furniture store?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCY58 View Post
How about rooms to go? I think showcase direct is a little expensive. Conways in leesburg is pretty good.
Couple years ago I was interested in some Ashley Furniture pieces which I saw at Showcase Direct. I thought we would probably be able to get them cheaper direct from an Ashley store so we drove to the closest Ashley store in the Orlando area. The price was exactly the same as Showcase Direct before our Villages 5% discount, plus they would have charged for delivery.

So we purchased from Showcase Direct because they were the best deal.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

The Villages has great garage and estate sales and moving sales. Just get a Daily Sun newspaper on Thursday and Friday and check out Garage Sales.

You can get new and used furniture for awesome prices.

Bargains and Treasures are awesome too.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We stopped at Bargans and Treasures and although they had some nice thing, we didn't relly find anything that suited us. As for other used furnature places we liked Neerlee New Furnishings
Just as an update, we went back to Neerlee New yesterday looking strickly for end tables. Wound up buying more... lamps, a patio chair and another computer desk to replace the one we bought with our house. We could have even bought a nice TV cabinet that was grabbed just a few minutes before we decided we wanted it. The sales ticket wasn't even torn off it yet! Se La Vie! Guess what though? No end tables!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.