Shopping for a mortgage

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick46 View Post
In less than a month we will begin our search for our new home in the Villages. We know from previous experiences that the mortgage company plays a big part in this transaction and that there are both good and bad mortgage companies out there.

We were hoping that someone who has knowledge of the local banks/mortgage companies could give us some advice on which companies to talk to about securing a mortgage and which ones to stay away from.

Thanks
I'll be arriving in three or four months (max) with the same questions, so thanks for bringing this up. Also, since I'll be buying a resale I need very knowledgeable people who can help me with insurance, termite bonds, tax basis, contractors, and more, so I haunt this site for some good information...which is always appreciated. As an example I'll be buying a used golf cart and know absolutely nothing about them. Are there mechanics who will go over one for a fee?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Wink

No one mention the fact that if you are a veteran and eligible for a VA loan you can buy a preowned home! I did mine 7 years ago and used ERA. Check all your options!! Could save yourself lots of money! Don't let folks tell you it's not possible. Preowned, yes! New, No! Have fun!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Mortgage companies can take their time getting their things done. I've heard of lots of people waiting and waiting anxiously for the mortgage to finally send required documents to the Title company. Be sure to leave lots of time and make it subject to the mortgage company getting their act together by closing.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:01 PM

I received a rate from Wells Fargo but they didn't guarantee 30 day to close. Since I did get the rate in writing from them, citizens honored the lower Wells Fargo rate even though theirs was a little higher. They are vested in doing it right for the people who buy in the villages. I'd go with them again.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Thumbs up Mortgage

We are in that process right now as I type. I opted to get pre-approved by First Citizens Bank of TV and was also pre-approved by Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed). PenFed had better rates and First Citizens was not able to match, so I have opted to use PenFed. Everything done online and over the phone. They cater to military families, but anyone can join. They have also closed on many real estate loans in Florida, and I assume a few in The Villages since there are so many veterans living in TV. Good service! I am not a veteran.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Default Mortgage

I meant First Citizens in my prior post! Citizens First stuck in my head - Must have been thinking about taxpayers
Closed Thread

Tags
mortgage, companies, banks/mortgage, local, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.