Should the Squares stay closed?

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Should the three Village Squares open back up or should they stay closed until a proven and useable vaccine for Covid 19 is found? We are talking about crowds, live music and dancing. There are reports on unmentioned sites to be movement at the squares to indicate the possibility of some type of activity coming relatively soon. If they open we wouldn’t go anyway, but what about you? This seems to be improbable given the age and vulnerable population of The Villages. Wishful thinking on some residents part perhaps.
Now that the CDC has been honest and released the figures that only 6% of the deaths in this country were actually caused purely by Covid, it’s time to get past this paranoia. 94% of the people that died had 2.6 comorbidities to go with it and likely died from those comorbidities, which may or may not have been affected by COVID-19.
I moved to the villages for all the lifestyle had to offer, not to have half of it taken away from me. Open up the squares. If you’re not comfortable going to the squares then stay home. It’s that simple. For the people that are paranoid to say the rest of you have to be punished because of my paranoia is BS. I want all of the lifestyle I paid for!
Old 09-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

This is what we did in our parks where I live to maintain social distance while gathering. Maybe that could be implemented in the squares?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	86060  
Old 09-01-2020, 07:26 AM

Amen!
Old 09-01-2020, 07:41 AM

They should open. Your chances of caught it Covid out side are very small .
Old 09-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerforever View Post
Open them all...those that don't want to come--let them stay home...The Villages are about living not dying....to those of you that want to push your way on everyone---Communism is not for America.
We just read how you look at it.

About 70% of ALL Americans do NOT agree with you. Check out recent VALID polls.

We are keeping busy working on projects around the house and will probably end up being "over decorated", but alive. I am cooking more and enjoying it more. We "Zoom" with our family once a week. Husband still plays golf four days a week. It isn't JUST here. The WORLD is suffering a Pandemic. Daughter and husband who are sent to London by our government are carefully restricted and she says that most there accept it with good grace. We do what we have always done; the best we can and I don't feel like I am not enjoying life. My roses never looked better.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:54 AM

The Morse. Family is still collecting money from the hotel industry as well as merchants for the entertainment in the squares. They are saving money by not paying the entertainers . Do you really think they are in any hurry to open the squares even though it is an outside venue? Other outside venues have opened such as Ocala Civic Center and the lake view Winery and done it safely so why shouldn’t the villages? Why? Because the money hungry Morse family wants to keep the money in their pockets now that they got a taste for it
Old 09-01-2020, 07:55 AM

Schools opened and already one student had Covid where surrounding students in his area had to be quarantined. People have and always feel omnipotent.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:56 AM

That will lead to more death and disease. That pattern has followed every “opening”. There have been thousands and thousands and thousands of unnecessary deaths because people refuse to do two simple things: wear a mask and social distance. Opening the Squares would be sheer madness. To the extent numbers are low in The Villages it’s because more people than not follow this logic and behave accordingly. Everybody wants things to return to normal but it’s a deadly fantasy to want to act normal when the pandemic is still active.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
The Morse. Family is still collecting money from the hotel industry

Because the money hungry Morse family wants to keep the money in their pockets now that they got a taste for it

Old 09-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

About 70% of ALL Americans do NOT agree with you. Check out recent VALID polls.

B S... no rational person decides what they do in life based on polls!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:06 AM

If the entertainment starts back up, I’ll be there, if all the clubs open back up, I’ll be there, if the recreation centers open fully, I’ll be there. I’ve had enough of worrying about the virus. Life is a risk all the time. We are exposed to germs and viruses every day. If anyone thinks I’m gonna walk around with a mask forever or never shake hands again or never attend an event because a lot of people will be there they are wrong. The death rate of this virus has come way way down and hovers jus about 2%. The regular flu deaths rate is 1%. Hope to see all of you at the squares soon.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:09 AM

I think the squares should open and if people don't want to go, they don't have to.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Default Secret Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj523 View Post
What exactly are the number of deaths in The Villages? All I see are stats about the counties.
Never have seen death count in TV published - highly secret info! Bad for the business of selling TV.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleyjm View Post
Never have seen death count in TV published - highly secret info! Bad for the business of selling TV.
Would be nice to know the number. If low would be a selling point.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If the current spike in cases and deaths in The Villages is to be stopped, keep them closed and fenced.

And everyone wear masks when away from home.

Tags
squares, open, stay, closed, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.