Single and moving to the villages this week!

Single and moving to the villages this week!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Thanks for the concerns
Old 08-15-2018, 07:10 AM

Default Thanks for the concerns

Yep...that was kind of dumb of me to put my email... live and learn!
Hopefully no crazy stalkers!!!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:59 AM

We are new to the Villages also, we are renting a home here until our home closes in a few weeks. From what my wife and I are seeing there are many groups for people to join and also there are a lot of fun times in the Squares of Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs where I am sure is a good hangout to meet people. We came from a private community in Ohio where they instituted a wave, so when people passed by in cars or golf carts always waved at each other. We think that would be a great idea here to start in The Villages, it really gives you a sense of security and well being in the community. Maybe someone with a lot of pull in the community can this started. Good Luck to you in your search.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage

I am a single and almost 60 male. Been in the Villages since age 46 or so. Doggie Doo Run Run is an excellent place to socialize if you have a dog and make a commitment to get to know the people as well as keep your guard up. Pooches are often but not always a very good judge of other people's character.

There are numerous other ways to meet singles in the Villages but the Villages' own dog parks and those private ones-- like Doggie Doo Run Run-- are good places to cultivate friendships.

The Villages has lots of clubs too.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-15-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

I moved here as a single, not knowing anyone. PM me and we can talk offline. I love it hare. Many great singles and activities. Have no fear
Old 11-28-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyz View Post
Hi......
My name is Melissa and I am a single 60 year young woman moving to the villages on Wednesday! I’m scared but excited for my new life! I still will be working as a consultant for a major cruise line so unfortunately not fully retired. I would welcome any help from some fellow singles to show me around and get me acclimated to this “Single World” here! It’s very scary coming here alone!
Appreciate any support!
Melissa
Hi!
I have been going back and forth from Mi the last year and just bought a home in The Villages 4 months ago. It is harder to meet single people in our age group,( especially being a single woman sadly) most activities are geared to couples and older singles ie: baby boomers, sumpter singles etc.. I am thinking about starting a singles group under say 65 or start a branch off of South of Sixty ( great group but also most are couples ) to connect with others who are looking to start our lives here in The Villages..and make lifetime friends . Contact me if you are looking for a new friend, or interested in getting a new group started. My email if joysell@aol.com I would like to find others close to my age to explore my new hometown with.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
... Life happens. If I had moved to TV I am certain I would have become an orgulous villager like so many other posters. ...

What does orgulous mean?

Got it!
Old 11-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

I'm swollen.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Sage

Please understand that people from all over the world can read this site. If you wouldn't walk into Times Square and divulge some of this personal info you shouldn't do it here. You only have to join to post other than that this site is completely public, open, not secure.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:33 PM

Moved in .... moved out 2 years later!
Closed Thread

Tags
single, villages, moving, singles, fellow