lifestyle preview visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Default lifestyle preview visit

planning to come down in June.....can someone tell me the deal with the discount coupons for dinner?

many thanks,

sonja
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post
planning to come down in June.....can someone tell me the deal with the discount coupons for dinner?

many thanks,

sonja
From what I hear the freebees are not as wonderful as they were when I did the Lifestyle Visit but I assume there are a few extra still given away. When we went there was a few eateries included and we never had the chance to use all the coupons.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 PM

I've stayed in half a dozen retirement communities around the country. Often you have a dinner with residents. I don't think The Villages ever had that. I stayed 8-10 years ago and they gave you "Village Dollars", good as cash anywhere in The Villages. Great Deal, I recall the stay was virtually free because friends bought the extra dollars from me when I left. I stayed again in Creekside Landing, last October. They gave me a little coupon book. Not much there. I maybe used one coupon, tossed out the rest. The community is well established now and they don't need the big giveaways. No matter, staying in the homes is still a great deal at $100/nt.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM

The best coupons were the free movie tickets. Wonderful theatre!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage

Best to check with the folks who make the Lifestyle arrangements at the time you contact them for your reservation. It seems everyone here on TOTV will have different feedback for you depending on when they did their own visit. Seems like it's a constantly moving target...............

Bill
Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 PM

We stayed in October 2010, Freebies were Golf Cart, Bicycles, Dinner at Arnold Palmer legacy, Lighthouse restaurant, Round of Golf, Movie tickets among others.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

I believe the total freebie's at least for meals are now gone and have been replaced with discounts. I was told by a sales rep that the wait staffs were telling people to order the highest priced items on the menu as their tips were a percentage of that price.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
I believe the total freebie's at least for meals are now gone and have been replaced with discounts. I was told by a sales rep that the wait staffs were telling people to order the highest priced items on the menu as their tips were a percentage of that price.
Heck, I went to Cattle Baron one night and they told me to order lobster tails to take home with me to boost the bill!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:

many thanks,

sonja
Wondering the same. We're headed down later this week! Arrive on Friday and will be staying until the following Wednesday. Can't wait! We'll finally find out what everyone has been raving about. TV - here we come!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisad View Post
Wondering the same. We're headed down later this week! Arrive on Friday and will be staying until the following Wednesday. Can't wait! We'll finally find out what everyone has been raving about. TV - here we come!
You will enjoy the experience. Just beware that the golf cart they give you will move as fast as a turtle with a broken leg. Lets us know how you made out.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum member

In 2003 we paid $50 per night to stay in CY villa and received $50 per day in Village Bucks. Could use them for golf, certain restaurants, Banner Mercantile and other places as well. It was a super deal.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM

thank you for all the info! can't wait to visit!

sonja
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:

many thanks,

sonja
If your taking a LSV, the guest co-ordinator should tell you exactly what is included in your stay.

I believe the discount coupons are scaled back if this is you second LSV.

The second LSV includes a golf cart that is extremely slow and free movie tickets.

I let my head spin out of control with all the things I wanted to do. I couldn't get from one place to another fast enough, (hint: Study the map they give you).

Enjoy your visit. I know you'll love it.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default be Prepared....

to be amazed!!!!!

and Lisa D your Shih Tsu could be a twin to mine...very cute!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

We have friends who were denied a LSV because they already had one. Is this new?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.