So excited won't be long now!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Wow!!!!! Congratulations to you. You must be soooo excited...
Everyday there is something new to do. We got gigged on three items on our inspection. The biggest was finding radon, that was $875 to install a fan and exhaust pipe in the basement floor. Also having a new sheet metal drip pan made to replace the rusty pan on the inside A/C unit, that's $300 and $75 to replace a corroded pipe going into the water heater. All-in-all, it's about $1200 I didn't expect but could of been worse.

Fortunately the buyer has bought a great deal of our furniture but we still have a lot of stuff. Tomorrow I get an estimate from Mayflower, depending if it's too much I may go with a couple of ABF relo-cubes instead.

We've had yard sales the past two Saturdays, one was in a light rain, that was no fun. I hauled 350 record albums to a record store, scored $300 on that trip. We had a fellow bring over a 7'x10' trailer which we filled with junk and he hauled to the dump for $75. I may need him to make a second trip to the dump. I did have two wicker sofa's they didn't want but I managed to get them to a cosignment store, however it was $125 to have them moved.

Things are happening so fast it really doesn't have time to sink in, I did manage to get in a round of golf today. That's actually been hard to do since it never seems to stop raining anymore.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We listed our home last Tuesday night, six days ago, and the first viewing at 10am the next morning bought our home. We had a signed contract by lunch, so we sold our home in about 18 hours.

We listed our home for $289,900, it was a two story colonial with a finished basement we bought new in 1998 in the suburbs of Baltimore for $152,000. The buyer offered $275,000 and it was a cash deal with the funds guaranteed by the Wegman's Grocery chain. We have a new Wegmans opening in August one block from our house and the husband and wife are the manager and assistant manager. I was tempted to counter but the deal seemed too good to mess with.

We did a lot of work over the years, mainly in 2008 we spent $65,000 removing the wall between the dining room and kitchen and totally opening up the kitchen and adding white cabinets, granite, stainless steel and bamboo floors on the entire first floor and plantation shutters. We also enclosed the deck into a screened lanai with a vaulted ceiling and fan. The house had a very tropical or Floridian feel to it.

The buyers were just in from Rochester, NY for two days and said they had looked at nine homes before ours, and she had recently remodeled her kitchen in Rochester and didn't want to settle for anything less here.
Was the last name of your buyer Gibney? The person who managed the Wegman's near me recently left to manage a new store in Maryland. Just curious.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimisw View Post
Hi Kim & Jim

We are in Ct. Pricing our house correctly was the key to having buyers interested in seeing the property. Of course, papasw and I worked very hard for the last month to clean out 39 yrs. worth of treasures.(LOL)

Good Luck
So happy to hear your wonderful news. We sold our home in 5 days the second couple who came in bought. What a relief. I agree you must price it to sell. Hope to meet you as we are building in Buttonwood. Congrats and welcome .
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
Was the last name of your buyer Gibney? The person who managed the Wegman's near me recently left to manage a new store in Maryland. Just curious.
Yes, that's correct. She is actually managing the 5 year old Wegman's that is in Hunt Valley about 30 miles away and her husband will work at the brand new Wegman's about 500' away. She said he didn't like to drive. Whatever works is fine with me. Seemed like nice people. I never understood if they were selling their house in Rochester or keeping it.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Yes, that's correct. She is actually managing the 5 year old Wegman's that is in Hunt Valley about 30 miles away and her husband will work at the brand new Wegman's about 500' away. She said he didn't like to drive. Whatever works is fine with me. Seemed like nice people. I never understood if they were selling their house in Rochester or keeping it.

Hi John

The Gibney's are from the Livonia, NY area--about 30 miles south of Rochester. Their children are graduates of the school where I curerntly teach. They are a wonderful family. I am not sure if they sold their house or not. I have heard that Wegmans will purchase your home if they ask you to relocate. That way you are able to purchase another house right away.

I am glad you were able to sell your house quickly. I know you will enjoy each and every day in The Villages!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Sage

mimisw:

Congratulations. I hope your closing goes well and with no problems.

Best wishes for your impending move. it's a nice kind of stress to have.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Have to share this... We sold our Tampa home in "1" day! March 2011. Listed it on Zillow and had three offers from three showings. We priced it to sell and moved all of our "stuff" into storage to show it like a new home model. It worked obviously. We have been here since March and love the TV lifestyle.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
Have to share this... We sold our Tampa home in "1" day! March 2011. Listed it on Zillow and had three offers from three showings. We priced it to sell and moved all of our "stuff" into storage to show it like a new home model. It worked obviously. We have been here since March and love the TV lifestyle.
WOW!!! Congratulations.

May you enjoy each and every day in paradise.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Default New Residents

CONGRATULATIONS!!

When you come down to make your decisions on your new home, get plenty of rest because you will decide EVERYTHING in one day......Exhausting, but worth it.

Don't forget to ask for upgrades too - you don't receive if you don't ask.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Default First Post - Here Goes!

I can only imagine your joy at being so near to your relocation goals.

My lovely spouse and I will be following in your footsteps soon. We have spent the better part of our last 40 years in Germany and as Americans are soooo homesick. Our two previous visits to TV convinced us this is the place for us; what wonderful people and "sauber" suroundings.

Our home here is due to close in September and shortly after we will make final plans to purchase (something) and relocate.

I have to say so many things have changed in the States since the days of Bell telephone company and 25 cent telephone booths I have been soaking up information from TOTV like a sponge; thanks to everyone who has contributed helpful information for us "soon to be newbees".
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Sage

I'm so happy for you!!! Another one makes ie!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Johnson View Post
I can only imagine your joy at being so near to your relocation goals.

My lovely spouse and I will be following in your footsteps soon. We have spent the better part of our last 40 years in Germany and as Americans are soooo homesick. Our two previous visits to TV convinced us this is the place for us; what wonderful people and "sauber" suroundings.

Our home here is due to close in September and shortly after we will make final plans to purchase (something) and relocate.

I have to say so many things have changed in the States since the days of Bell telephone company and 25 cent telephone booths I have been soaking up information from TOTV like a sponge; thanks to everyone who has contributed helpful information for us "soon to be newbees".
Welcome to TOTV and your upcoming move to TV.. Keep reading and posting and you will continue to learn a lot.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 08-03-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.