some information about group gatherings

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Calling cards

Calling cards are very useful for when you meet someone. I got 250 free from Vistaprint.com. Just pay shipping. Theysell them at the market nights for about 5.00 also.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Moving in to an established village makes it more difficult to meet people and make friends. The cliques have long since been established and are difficult to work ur way in.. People are not snobbish, but rather have their own close group of friends and feel comfortable with them. Keep working at it by using the above methods and eventually it happens.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage
Default Born in Dubuque

Hello Brozzy,

I grew up in Dubuque (Wahlert class of 1979). My dad still lives there - I was in Dubuque for 6 days at Christmas. Bet you are missing the snow -- FYI Dubuque got another 3 inches of snow today according to my Dad. Congratulations on your move to TV. Wish I could do the same. Good luck to you.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Gold member

You might also want to try the Winifred neighborhood web site. They have an email list that you can sign up for and get info on events, gatherings etc.
http://winifredsong.com/default.aspx
Old 01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozzy View Post
Hi,

My name is Chris and my husband, son and I have been here since Jan1..So far we have not met many people to do activities with or visit with. We are in Winnifred Village. Please help with some ideas.

Chris
My wife and I have been here since Jan 2nd. We went to Staples and bought business card blanks and made up some cards to hand out.

There was a sign at the end of the street advertising a neighborhood block party last night so we made a dish to share and went on over. Met some neighbors and had a nice meal. Everyone welcomed us and many people at the party extended themselves to us and invited us to join in group activities the following week.

Some of our neighbors introduced themselves and we introduced ourselves to some others.

Two weeks is not a long time. Heck, it takes half a week of shopping just to buy groceries and supplies and get things set up and working when you first get here.

Look at the activity guide and load up your calendar with activities and go to them. "If you take part, pretty soon you'll be a part" as the old saying goes.

Just keep extending yourself to others and let nature take it's course.

Dirigo

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.