Soon to be New resident in Fernandina

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Default Soon to be New resident in Fernandina

We came to Florida for the month of March with full intentions of visiting friends here and Crystal River, doing some motorcycle day trips from the campground where we have our motorhome and somehow drank the koolaid here in The Villages. We went out to dinner and a show with our friends here and then the next day drove around The Villages getting a "tour". Well the next morning my husband called The Villages Properties office and got a hold of Todd and 48 hours later we had signed a Purchase Agreement for a beautiful new Iris spec home with an awesome golf course view in Village of Fernandina. Oh, we don't even golf!! Not yet anyways. Over the past 3 days we have met with several very professional contractors here and purchased the furnishings that we will need when we come back for a couple weeks in May. Our friends have been amazing here, even picking us up at the campground Monday morning with our 2 Jack Russells, and allowing us to use their van and golf cart to get around for our appoinntments here along with putting us up in their guest room. Sadly we have to go back to camp this afternoon and get packed to go back to Michigan early next week. The people we have met here, from the hostess at Johnny Rockets to Jeff Rands the lanai glass guy, have been phenomenally professioal, courteous and more than accommodating. Village Cars even allowed us to use one of their "cars" for a couple days after purchasing 2 new ones to help us getting around without having to borrow our friends vehicles to meet with contractors at our new home. I will say that we have gone outside this "bubble" once over the past few days and it was a weird feeling being met by unhappy people. We have only been retired for a short time and are so looking forward to coming back here in May for a couple weeks to take delivery of furniture, paint, get the home in order, etc. before we come back next fall.

We are a couple in our mid 50's that enjoy being outdoors, being active, riding our motorcycles, and playing with our grandchildren. Looking forward to meeting our new neighbors and making new friends in The Villages!

Wendy & Randy
Old 03-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Sage

Congrats, where is the house?

Unit, street etc.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 AM

We are also in Fernandina on Allaire Loop. This is a wonderful forum that has helped us so much in every respect - from lot selection, design, after-market vendors, and most of all - meeting NEW FRIENDS! We will be back for the week of Memorial Day and look forward to meeting you and your pups! Congrats!
Rona & Bill
Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you. Your story is like many of ours. I hope that you will enjoy every moment of your time here with us in "Lower Paradise".
Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Location: Mohnton PA, Raystown Lake PA, and NOW the village of Charlotte

Welcome to TV ~ congrats on finding your 'dream' home and making this lifestyle a reality.....We pinch ourselves every day.....
Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Sage

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I also have be known to say, "be prepared to be blown away by the beauty of TV and it's people".

You made a wise choice.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-21-2013, 03:19 PM

Welcome to TV! We also bought a home in Fernandina, and I am in my 50's, my husband early 60's. We live here full time.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Default Fernandina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparks158 View Post
Welcome to TV! We also bought a home in Fernandina, and I am in my 50's, my husband early 60's. We live here full time.
Where did you buy in Fernandina? We are building on Abana Path section 206.
Our last winter in Michigan!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Gold member

Congratulations! We moved here in January and after checking the weather in Michigan we are glad we left when we did! Welcome to Fernandina!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Default Welcome!

Welcome!! We're so glad you'll be joining us. Like all the others, we feel blessed every day that we spend here. You're going to have a ball.

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Welcome, we are also in Fernandina 206. Where are you?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomuall View Post
Welcome, we are also in Fernandina 206. Where are you?
We are just down from you on Abana path on the wall. I have e-mailed you in the past a few times.
They started building our house a few weeks ago and it's going really fast! We close middle of May!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Welcome to TV and TOTV! I also was much like you having come for a bit of a visit and buying a lot right away in Gilchrist. Been here since Dec, built on a golf course, just took my first lessons EVER and now play pickleball as well. I also have a Jack Russell and a ShihTzu-so hope you enjoy your digs and all the activities Tv has to offer... Gotta love the lifestyle!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbgold View Post

We are also in Fernandina on Allaire Loop. This is a wonderful forum that has helped us so much in every respect - from lot selection, design, after-market vendors, and most of all - meeting NEW FRIENDS! We will be back for the week of Memorial Day and look forward to meeting you and your pups! Congrats!
Rona & Bill
Thanks! We look forward to meeting you as well! We are going to be back end of April for taking deliveries of furniture, shutters, painting, etc. We have been so impressed with the people here both professionally and just walking around the neighborhoods. So very friendly!
Thanks again!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
Where did you buy in Fernandina? We are building on Abana Path section 206.
Our last winter in Michigan!
We are right at the corner of Abana and Allaire! We have been watching a couple of homes be built as we go back and forth to the home to meet up with different contractors. The speed of building here is just so impressive and they have this down to a science. The building sites are always clean and the workers are never just sitting around. We too are from Michigan and are looking forward to warmer winters as well!
Can't wait to meet you when we do come back next fall.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.