Soon2be'rs

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default Soon2be'rs

Hello from the tropical land of Upstate New York, more specifically NY state's capital area. This is my first posting so please be gentle with me!

My name is Joe and my wife is Eileen and we have a son that lives in the Los Angeles area. We have been snooping the threads of TOTV for a while now and along with friends that live in TV, TOTV has been helpful, if not insturmental in our learning about the area, what it has to offer and helped end the indecision we have had for some time now about where we should find refuse from all the warm and cuddly feelings we get from all the snow and freezing weather we're so blessed with up here near North Pole South.

Anyway, in a relatively short time we have not only had our interest in TV cultivated but we have taken action that will take me away from an area that I have worked and lived in all of my life. The house I now live in I first moved into from the age of seven until we got married and moved back into it upon my fathers death last year.

After a whole lot of our reviewing of home listings for TV along with friends of ours looking on our behalf at what we were interested in, we finally decided to put in an offer on a pre-owned Gardenia in the Village of Hadley, all without ever being in TV. We will be arriving at TV on January 17th and if our home inspections tomorrow and our final mortgage approval go without any hitches, we will be closing on January 18th. However, we will be snowflakes at least for the forseeable future and will only be at TV for about two or three weeks and will spend the first two in a lifestyle cabana.

Enough for now... gotta save some stuff for future postings ya know! BTW, can anyone tell me where we would go to file for bankruptcy after we close, go through our intitial expenses and run out of money?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Hello from the tropical land of Upstate New York, more specifically NY state's capital area. This is my first posting so please be gentle with me!

My name is Joe and my wife is Eileen and we have a son that lives in the Los Angeles area. We have been snooping the threads of TOTV for a while now and along with friends that live in TV, TOTV has been helpful, if not insturmental in our learning about the area, what it has to offer and helped end the indecision we have had for some time now about where we should find refuse from all the warm and cuddly feelings we get from all the snow and freezing weather we're so blessed with up here near North Pole South.

Anyway, in a relatively short time we have not only had our interest in TV cultivated but we have taken action that will take me away from an area that I have worked and lived in all of my life. The house I now live in I first moved into from the age of seven until we got married and moved back into it upon my fathers death last year.

After a whole lot of our reviewing of home listings for TV along with friends of ours looking on our behalf at what we were interested in, we finally decided to put in an offer on a pre-owned Gardenia in the Village of Hadley, all without ever being in TV. We will be arriving at TV on January 17th and if our home inspections tomorrow and our final mortgage approval go without any hitches, we will be closing on January 18th. However, we will be snowflakes at least for the forseeable future and will only be at TV for about two or three weeks and will spend the first two in a lifestyle cabana.

Enough for now... gotta save some stuff for future postings ya know! BTW, can anyone tell me where we would go to file for bankruptcy after we close, go through our intitial expenses and run out of money?
Joe,
Welcome to you! There is no place like TV. You will love it. Don't go filing for bankruptcy yet either , there's plenty of fun to be had in TV without even spending more cash. You will want to spring for a golf cart, though.

Anyway, welcome and best wishes!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 PM

Welcome to TV, Joe and Eileen! You two have so much to look forward to, so let the dream begin.

My wife, Floss and I made our first visit to TV less than two weeks ago and we had a great time. After spending three days looking at pre-owned and new homes, we found our dream home Buttonwood. We are closing on 1/11.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 PM

Hi Skyguy, also from Upstate NY. You won't be sorry! Best place to live. We too have the Gardenia. Great choice!!

Jim & Carmen Rochester, NY
Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I feel your pain

We too are reeling from the first few months of ownership. It does seem as if one bleeds money. We have found out that the people in TV come from all levels of economic security. Some like to spend lots of money, some don't have it. TV can still be enjoyed by all. I hear your angst at making such a life changing move. It is huge but I believe most people don't regret it for long. Every trip back up North shows me that I made a good decision. ENJOY!!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
We too have the Gardenia. Great choice
Speaking of the Gardenia, after our friend finished viewing the house with our TV agent, she calls us while still in the house and proceeds to tell us that she had bad news to tell us; {pause} "The house is no longer on the market" she says. {another pause} She then said "We love the house so much that we decided to buy the house for ourselves!" Of course she couldn't take a breath before she started to crack up laughing!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you both. You have made a wise choice. We own the same model in Hadley, land of the party people! Home of the honestly funny! Place where Paradise is interpreted!

We will be home right after Christmas and hope to give you a hug!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:

Welcome, welcome,welcome fellow NYer. We went from snow flake to snow bird here in the bubble and loved every minute. We'll be back down in January- hopefully you'll be a villager by then.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Default another NYer!

Welcome skyguy! We are from north of Syracuse, the snow capital of NY! We bought a ranch home in Belle Aire last spring, and have loved every minute of our time there. We will be arriving on 12/26 for 3 weeks! Hope to make some new friends during our stay.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Welcome skyguy - we live a little over an our east of Albany. Spent 4 days in TV in April after listening to all they hype from others up north. Couldn't stop talking and thinking about it once we left. Returned for a month to "try" it out, bought in Buttonwood two weeks later. Closed by mail in December and freezing our butts off one hour east from you! On top of it all - I said I would never move and leave my kids and grandkids.

Can't wait to get back to TV. You have made the right choice. It really is the best place to be.

I hope everything works out for you - we will be down soon.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Sage

Hello Joe from another Joe from downstate N.Y. Welcome to TOTV.

WOW - What a leap of faith without seeing your new home. You will be moving near GracieGirl, (TOTV royalty). I'm sure you will be very happy.

I like your friend kidding you, sense of humor. Nice to have friends that were looking out for your best interest.

Best wishes on your move and don't forget to have fun.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
You will be moving near GracieGirl, (TOTV royalty). I'm sure you will be very happy.
Hello another Joe! Are you saying that I'll be very happy being in TV or being near royalty?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hello another Joe! Are you saying that I'll be very happy being in TV or being near royalty?
Both.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Eternal Member

Well, we had our inspection on Tuesday and there were only a few very minor problems. We used Comer for the inspection and I was told that he made a comment something to the effect that the house was in exceptional shape. Yipee, the nervous meter's gone down another notch now! Hopefully by the time we close we'll have a whole bunch of notch'os on our belt.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:29 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Well, we had our inspection on Tuesday and there were only a few very minor problems. We used Comer for the inspection and I was told that he made a comment something to the effect that the house was in exceptional shape. Yipee, the nervous meter's gone down another notch now! Hopefully by the time we close we'll have a whole bunch of notch'os on our belt.
Cromer does a great inspection.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.