Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2019, 10:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You said this was not the one but similar. This is the picture you posted;

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Thank's Graciegirl, Details Count. I missed the little fact about that wasn't the house. But the one in the picture is the one I was speaking of. Probably won't be my last mistake either. To the OP, Your privacy is intact and good luck to you again wherever you are.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I don't know what this attached structure is called. As I mentioned in two other posts, I'm calling it a shack. Or an attached shack. Or a laundry area. Or a room with 3 walls, double doors, and a window. An exterior room with no access from the actual house. A structure that shares one wall with the house, that you have to leave the house in order to enter. The place where trailer park homeowners do their laundry. A workshop with its own entrance.

Whatever you want to call it, it's that thing. If you want to nitpick over a word, then provide the correct word. I don't know what that thing is called.
Here's hoping you will be happy among us trailer park neighbors.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Trailer Park! Hmmm, I missed that also. Tomorrow's another day at the Park. Maybe we'll go to the Cement Pond!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
If all goes well I'll be living in a double-wide-plus! I think of all the possible places we could have picked to live in the Villages, this area will be the most comfortable for me. It's very "neighborhoodish" and the times we've visited the area in the past, it looked like people maintained their properties fairly well. A bit of wear and tear but that's to be expected. It's actually a plus, to me, to see patches of ground that have gone to moss due to moisture and trees. It's more park-like, more natural, less manufactured and artificial.

My house now was built in 1958. So when I see people refer to the "historical" side of The Villages and see these double-wides and single-wides transported in and set down in the late 1970's I have to just chuckle. The house across the street from mine is the second oldest in the neighborhood. It was built in 1895. The oldest was built in the late 1700's, and the carriage that transported Paul Revere's body to be buried in 1818, stopped at the house - which was at the time a hotel and tavern, on their way.

That's not even the oldest house in our town. Just in our neighborhood. And - our entire back yard and the acreage behind it - was a trailer park, prior to a developer building senior housing in it.

So we're sort of coming full circle. It's poetic and I like the idea of it.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If all goes well I'll be living in a double-wide-plus! I think of all the possible places we could have picked to live in the Villages, this area will be the most comfortable for me. It's very "neighborhoodish" and the times we've visited the area in the past, it looked like people maintained their properties fairly well. A bit of wear and tear but that's to be expected. It's actually a plus, to me, to see patches of ground that have gone to moss due to moisture and trees. It's more park-like, more natural, less manufactured and artificial.

My house now was built in 1958. So when I see people refer to the "historical" side of The Villages and see these double-wides and single-wides transported in and set down in the late 1970's I have to just chuckle. The house across the street from mine is the second oldest in the neighborhood. It was built in 1895. The oldest was built in the late 1700's, and the carriage that transported Paul Revere's body to be buried in 1818, stopped at the house - which was at the time a hotel and tavern, on their way.

That's not even the oldest house in our town. Just in our neighborhood. And - our entire back yard and the acreage behind it - was a trailer park, prior to a developer building senior housing in it.

So we're sort of coming full circle. It's poetic and I like the idea of it.
You are right that saying the area you chose is "neighborhoodish". Most of us feel that way about where we live here. The "historical" part reference is meant to be a little funny. It is where this amazing place began, and where Mark, Jennifer and Tracy's grandfather lived when it all started. It is OUR historical part. Mr. Harold Schwartz has a bronze statue to his memory in the pool at Spanish Springs and Mr. Gary Morse has one with his cowboy at on in Brownwood. Most of us think that they did a good thing, thinking this out and making it so nice. It is also an unprecedented thing to have private business run a small city. Frankly I don't think it would work with many other people or families. I have never met the Morses but they could have stopped and been rich forever, but must have some interest in keeping the legions of people employed and know that someone would build near here, and probably not do as good a job. I would be very proud if I were them. They long ago earned enough money to keep their families for many years to come. It has to be enormously stressful to think all this through, risk your own money, time and time again and face all of the challenges of these huge decisions.

The Villages, I think, will be viewed as an amazing place in the worlds history.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Old 02-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right that saying the area you chose is "neighborhoodish". Most of us feel that way about where we live here. The "historical" part reference is meant to be a little funny. It is where this amazing place began, and where Mark, Jennifer and Tracy's grandfather lived when it all started. It is OUR historical part. Mr. Harold Schwartz has a bronze statue to his memory in the pool at Spanish Springs and Mr. Gary Morse has one with his cowboy at on in Brownwood. Most of us think that they did a good thing, thinking this out and making it so nice. It is also an unprecedented thing to have private business run a small city. Frankly I don't think it would work with many other people or families. I have never met the Morses but they could have stopped and been rich forever, but must have some interest in keeping the legions of people employed and know that someone would build near here, and probably not do as good a job. I would be very proud if I were them. They long ago earned enough money to keep their families for many years to come. It has to be enormously stressful to think all this through, risk your own money, time and time again and face all of the challenges of these huge decisions.

The Villages, I think, will be viewed as an amazing place in the worlds history.
Very well said Gracie : )
Old 02-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

In addition to the gray pipes, make sure the hurricane tie-downs are up to current standards so you can get reasonably priced homeowners insurance. Good luck with everything.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, amount, offer, ceramic, unit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.