Specific Community Standards, Deed Restrictions

Specific Community Standards, Deed Restrictions

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
This is the "room" I refer to (though this isn't the home we're looking at): Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale - opposite that window is a door that leads out to the car port. There are two steps in the carport to the actual manufactured house, but the room itself is not insulated, is not a finished room, has no ductwork leading to the main house, and has no way of getting into it, beyond that door leading directly to the carport.

What a beautiful home! I hope the one you choose brings you happiness. This is such a wonderful place. We have several friends who live near where you are looking. Their homes are just beautiful too.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thank you - that is exactly what I'm talking about! I've seen some people use this shed/shack/room/whatever not just for laundry, but also as a workshed for things like woodworking projects. Do you know if these sheds can be "finished?' By that I mean insulated and some sort of vent leading from the house to the shed to allow for air conditioning to get in there?
Mine had shelving all around and I stored the lawn mower, seasonal ornaments, and other large tools there. There's no reason you couldn't insulate and drywall the interior without needing ARC permission. It would be nice. As far as the venting goes, the wall in my shed with the washer and dryer abutted the wall of the hall bath inside. If an A/C contractor could somehow extend the ductwork from inside, you also wouldn't need permission.

Check to see if the gray pipes have been replaced in any manufactured homes you're considering. I needed to get mine re-plumbed (around $600 but that was 7 years ago and it was only a 1000 sf house).

Last edited by queasy27; 02-09-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Mine had shelving all around and I stored the lawn mower, seasonal ornaments, and other large tools there. There's no reason you couldn't insulate and drywall the interior without needing ARC permission. It would be nice. As far as the venting goes, the wall in my shed with the washer and dryer abutted the wall of the hall bath inside. If an A/C contractor could somehow extend the tubing/hoses from inside, you wouldn't need permission.

Check to see if the gray pipes have been replaced in any manufactured homes you're considering. I needed to get mine re-plumbed (around $600 but that was 7 years ago and it was only 1000 sf).
SOOO glad you mentioned that, you just saved us a potential huge mistake. We put an offer down a couple of hours ago and it was accepted. But I'd totally forgotten to ask about that, and already arranged a flight down for a physical inspection and to give the deposit if it passes the inspection. Booked a hotel room too - but if the agent says the grey pipes haven't been replaced, I can cancel the flight and the room and save a thousand bucks and 3 days of time.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
SOOO glad you mentioned that, you just saved us a potential huge mistake. We put an offer down a couple of hours ago and it was accepted. But I'd totally forgotten to ask about that, and already arranged a flight down for a physical inspection and to give the deposit if it passes the inspection. Booked a hotel room too - but if the agent says the grey pipes haven't been replaced, I can cancel the flight and the room and save a thousand bucks and 3 days of time.
Shouldn't be a deal breaker, maybe just a negotiating tool?
Steve
Old 02-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Sage

I don't think you will have a problem. I do not know the owner at all but I can tell you the house is a Diamond. We went during the first Open House. Good Job. Good house. Nice neighbors. Not to much traffic. Your gonna be fine.

The only problem will be keeping it up to the shape it's in now, just about perfect. Happy for you.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Shouldn't be a deal breaker, maybe just a negotiating tool?
Steve
Yeah we would hope, but they came down in price as low as they were willing to go (we had a little back and forth and came up significantly from our initial offer). It's such a sweet looking home too. But they're looking for a quick closing (in less than 3 weeks!) so if it needs the plumbing repiped, it could result in a setback.

On the other hand, we could remind them that if it does in fact need repiping, it's not likely they'll find a buyer willing to pay what we offered, and NOT have them repipe it. So they should just accept our offer and the contingency and save themselves some trouble. Right???
Old 02-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I don't think you will have a problem. I do not know the owner at all but I can tell you the house is a Diamond. We went during the first Open House. Good Job. Good house. Nice neighbors. Not to much traffic. Your gonna be fine.

The only problem will be keeping it up to the shape it's in now, just about perfect. Happy for you.
How do you know which one we offered on!!
Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Picture earlier in the Thread unless it the wrong one.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Picture earlier in the Thread unless it the wrong one.
Hm, I didn't post any pictures. ColdNoMore posted a picture of the portable air conditioner he used (we have a similar one, and I do remember now we don't have to put a whole board up, we have that sliding plastic piece with the hole for the vent tube. We originally had the unit in a room that had push-out windows, and couldn't use that plastic piece, and had to remove the glass completely and replace it with a board with a hole in it).
Old 02-09-2019, 10:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
You said this was not the one but similar. This is the picture you posted;

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Tags
restrictions, amount, offer, ceramic, unit