What If ??

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Default What If ??

What's the future plans for TV? In terms of ownership. Has anybody ever wondered what will happen to the town..???... The operations of TV if the current family sells or files bankruptcy due to the IRS situation? We've all seen this type of thing before. They do wonderful for awhile then some circumstance happens, ownership changes and things fall apart. Please don't think me negative. This is a huge decision and financial investment and I'm just covering all the bases. I love the whole concept of TV and look so forward to calling it our final home and paradise! Thanks for any input!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Sage

It's already in process. One by one, the districts are taken over by an elected board of owners.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Thanks Mulligan! What about the operations of the amenities, the squares, events, shops and such. Who will be running those? And with different district owners, how exactly is that going to affect us as homeowners??
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer61 View Post
Thanks Mulligan! What about the operations of the amenities, the squares, events, shops and such. Who will be running those? And with different district owners, how exactly is that going to affect us as homeowners??
I wouldn't worry to much about it all. Things will change here. It is inevitable. Come on down and live the life you want. IF it does start to change more than your liking, you still have plenty of time to find somewhere else to live (that I am sure you have considered already as your "2nd" choice) and move on. It won't happen overnight. After all, maybe that 50% increase in candy bars is more than some can handle and it's the last straw.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

dreamer61 - i hafta go along with roaddog53's expressions. IF i had waited for all of the 'what if's' in my life - i shudder to think of the things l would have missed! can you truly look at the villages and believe that any part or the whole could become a slum? i cannot imagine how folks who fear change or who cannot accept it get thru life.

live the life you want and you will always love the life you live. [geez - did someone say that before i did?]

Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Sage

When one starts to play the "what if" game, they have already lost. I plan to move to TV one of these days and don't expect things to change drastically fot the next 30 or 40 years. By then, I'll be lucky to be around.

Enjoy life and TV while you can.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer61 View Post
What's the future plans for TV? In terms of ownership. Has anybody ever wondered what will happen to the town..???... The operations of TV if the current family sells or files bankruptcy due to the IRS situation? We've all seen this type of thing before. They do wonderful for awhile then some circumstance happens, ownership changes and things fall apart. Please don't think me negative. This is a huge decision and financial investment and I'm just covering all the bases. I love the whole concept of TV and look so forward to calling it our final home and paradise! Thanks for any input!
Here is an earlier thread: After Build Out ?

You can find others by doing a search on after buildout.

You are looking for someone to tell you to "buy or not to buy". Playing the what if game will get you nowhere. Responses on this board will tell you to buy and they will out weigh the don't buy.
Come visit, talk to residents everywhere you go and see for yourself what you should do. Not everyone posts on TOTV!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Nobody knows what the future truly holds for TV. I certainly don't. Everyone you ask is going to have somewhat differing responses. People have differing tolerances for risk and varying levels of how they adapt to/deal with things that might concern them. Most folks looking into TV have somewhat the same initial trepidations as you're having - lots of questions about lots of things.

But there are approximately 80k+ people here right now who are optimistic enough about the future here who have invested their hard earned money into homes. I'm one of them. They all have enough confidence to feel as though TV has a bright future.

Read through the replies you'll get to your thread on the topic, use the Search function on TOTV to do some more research about the specific topics that concern you, connect with and talk with some residents and other newbee/wannabees, do some additional outside research..............and then make the decision that suits YOU and what makes YOU feel comfortable. That's the thing that makes the most sense - you have to live with your own choices.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Nobody knows what the future truly holds for TV. I certainly don't. Everyone you ask is going to have somewhat differing responses. People have differing tolerances for risk and varying levels of how they adapt to/deal with things that might concern them. Most folks looking into TV have somewhat the same initial trepidations as you're having - lots of questions about lots of things.

But there are approximately 80k+ people here right now who are optimistic enough about the future here who have invested their hard earned money into homes. I'm one of them. They all have enough confidence to feel as though TV has a bright future.

Read through the replies you'll get to your thread on the topic, use the Search function on TOTV to do some more research about the specific topics that concern you, connect with and talk with some residents and other newbee/wannabees, do some additional outside research..............and then make the decision that suits YOU and what makes YOU feel comfortable. That's the thing that makes the most sense - you have to live with your own choices.
Gracie:

Why the small type? Has your vision gotten better????

Joe

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Default Thank you and see you in April

thanks to everyone who responded! You all are very kind and nice folks! Can't wait to meet you ;-))
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.