Stickers on mailboxes

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM

If you need a sticker on your mailbox to find it, you belong in a assisted living home. There is a number on the box that is very clear and the box is always in the same location.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

If your key doesn't unlock the box, you can be pretty sure the box belongs to someone else!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default My Process for finding mailbox.

I just remember how many sections from the left and how many boxes down mine is. We are 3 left 1 down. The actually section of boxes should be pretty easy to remember. This eliminates the need for a sticker.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Default Re mailbox stickers

We are in Lynnhaven and just noticed how much better the mail boxes look although we have our modestly marked, plus I can remember our box number. Why, I just don't know!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

IMHO, I think the stickers on the mailboxes don't look as tacky as the house numbers on the windows.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinparadise View Post
IMHO, I think the stickers on the mailboxes don't look as tacky as the house numbers on the windows.
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Sage
Question

With all the dementia, bad eyesight, and loss of mobility, why make it more difficult for old people? What do the stickers hurt, and does the PO want the elderly to be stacked up at the mailboxes for hours?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
With all the dementia, bad eyesight, and loss of mobility, why make it more difficult for old people? What do the stickers hurt, and does the PO want the elderly to be stacked up at the mailboxes for hours?
I agree. And beyond that, of all the things people can think of to complain about ... this rates pretty high on the silly-meter. I know...rules are rules...and if the USPS or their reps decide to scrape off the stickers - so be it. But for residents to get upset about those tiny stickers on their NEIGHBORS mailboxes...Why?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Agree...what is the big deal! I like looking at all the different stickers!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I agree. And beyond that, of all the things people can think of to complain about ... this rates pretty high on the silly-meter. I know...rules are rules...and if the USPS or their reps decide to scrape off the stickers - so be it. But for residents to get upset about those tiny stickers on their NEIGHBORS mailboxes...Why?
No kidding!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Gold member

Please count your blessings.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I'm pretty sure some folks should add some fiber to their diet. It'll make them less cranky.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Easier to use a label maker and paste the box number on your key than to get the Post Office to change.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Easier to use a label maker and paste the box number on your key than to get the Post Office to change.
That's too sensible. Get off this site immediately
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post

Why is it so hard to put the mailbox NUMBER on your key? Since you need the key to open the box. Get off the worries of IF you lost the key some one could use it, or other excuses. They would have to go to all PO boxes looking. who would do that? i would worry more about the other keys... but how would they know that?
Btw. I recently saw keys in a baggy at a po station hanging on a wall that were lost. Think some one says . Gee let me take those and find where they go!
Comes down to vanity, self-centeredness, or other personable issues why someone needs to put a sticker on a box IMHO. Same reason people put stickers on golf carts, cars, or paint their carts their college or personal colors. I have been known to always listen to all sides of an issue, but reading these posts I haven't heard a valid one for stickers. Leave public property as it is without putting each personal touch on it. You don't own the box, you rent it, it is not yours to deface.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.