Suggestions about new villages for a designer home

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 PM

We built an Ivy in Gilchrist but not yet moved in. I love the enlarged kitchen and laundry room. You do need a larger for the Ivy. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Platinum member

There is a model that's just right for everyone
And every budget.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM

I have a Lilac chose it instead of a Gardenia because the spare bedrooms are nice and big.With 5 kids and 4.5 grandkids you cant have too much bedroom space. I love the big open family room too!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmlynch View Post
We are moving to the Villages next year (2014) and now we are debating the new vs pre-owned home. I have been reading a great deal about people building the home which suits them, with additions, etc. We are bringing my Mother-in-Law with us so we want to have a comfortable space for her with a walk in shower of course. We lilke the layout of the Zinnia because it offers a bit of privacy with the larger bedrooms seperated. We are going to buy a three bedroom and three baths would be perfect.
We came earlier this year and rented while going on a tour of the Villages. I knew immediately that there was far too much to see. However the people were lovely and we can't wait to join you all.
Just letting off a little steam from hours of research.
Pre-owned is good if you can find one that is exactly what you want. Otherwise, let the renovations begin. Something that must be factored into the price. After looking at pre-owns, we decided to build new so we could get it the way we wanted it.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I built a Lantana in Gilchrist and was able to stretch and add a third bathroom to the front bedroom! It made a nice guest suite and I still have the hall bath for others to use. The bedrooms are a bit larger in that model which is why I chose that one. I needed to be able to fit twin beds into the smallest room. The designers and builder were pretty accommodating in allowing for all the stretches and bumps, and vicariously I received some perks just by way of the draw! Good luck and I hope you are able to get just what you want. I think ALL the homes are nice, no matter the type or size, and I am certain you will be most happy in TV!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
I built a Lantana in Gilchrist and was able to stretch and add a third bathroom to the front bedroom! It made a nice guest suite and I still have the hall bath for others to use. The bedrooms are a bit larger in that model which is why I chose that one. I needed to be able to fit twin beds into the smallest room. The designers and builder were pretty accommodating in allowing for all the stretches and bumps, and vicariously I received some perks just by way of the draw! Good luck and I hope you are able to get just what you want. I think ALL the homes are nice, no matter the type or size, and I am certain you will be most happy in TV!
Hotrodgirl was quite helpful while I was researching models. We, too, are building a Lantana in Pinellas with all the bells and whistles. Hotrodgirl shared much of her spreadsheet "wants and desires" and I went from there. The design team was helpful, good with suggestions, and tried to make it as least stressful as possible. They took as much time as needed, showed us many choices in MANY models, gave us 2nd, 3rd and 4th "looks" when necessary. We found it helpful to "walk the property" and pace-off the stretches we were considering. It also was helpful to have an idea of furniture placement so pot-lights and plugs could be placed appropriately.
Like many before me, I had copious notes from the good people of TOTV and entered the design meeting as prepared as possible. None-the-less there were many decisions I was not prepared for. However, the team guided us easily thru the process......our home will be completed mid-June so we will see if we accomplished our goals. Good luck to you!

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM

We are coming for our "visit" the end of June. We are thinking about building the Holly/Boxwood. We want to add the golf cart garage and extend the lanai 4 feet.
They told us we have to get a bigger lot to accommodate the garage and lanai.
Any advice would sure be appreciated. This is my first post...hope I have done it correctly and in the right place!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Sage

Most important point, get the largest lot U can get
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Gold member

We bought a spec Iris but really wanted a Zinnia. As far as village....Fernandina of course! Actually, any of the newer villages, Gilchrist, Pinellas, Fernandina etc, south of 466A will put you in great neighborhoods with a lot of new people...great way to make friends.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 PM

Consider a Bridgeport.
Semi-open plan, tall ceilings with trays in 3 rooms, powder room and closet in entrance hall. Semi-open plan with a partial wall separating the kitchen.
Just right for our tastes.
Lot size and affordable degree of privacy are more important.

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i still like the lilly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.