Suggestions about new villages for a designer home

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddick View Post
Buckeyemom,

Like you, we have our LSV coming up, but ours is in June. I look forward to actually touring the models we have been researching on the 'net. If all goes well, we will be writing a check in June, although actual retirement timing for us is a bit up in the air. Good luck on your visit and keep us posted.

Since I went to university in Ann Arbor, I am not too keen on you username, though.

Don
Hijacking a minute... you must be very excited right about now, Meddick! We are stuck between two MSU/U of M friends.

Okay, carry on.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

I chose and built a Lantana on the largest lot I could get, stretched as much as possible and added a third bathroom to the front bedroom making that a "guest suite". I am very private on the back side which was important to me, and added every extra I could think of within budget. I also made a spreadsheet with my priorities listed and the not so essentials, and went based on that. In the end, I was able to accommodate just about every wish on the list! The designers are helpful and I urge you to use their abilities to help you. We all find different decisions easy or difficult and their knowledge will help you work thru the process. Congrats and best of luck!!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 PM

bump
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM

I love my Zinnia because it already comes with three full bathrooms. So helpful when entertaining kids and grandkids !
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via AIM to Bosoxfan Send a message via Skype™ to Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
get the largest lot you can
Not always. We went with a lot that doesn't accommodate stretches but we don't have anyone behind us plus we have a great view!

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Hijacking a minute... you must be very excited right about now, Meddick! We are stuck between two MSU/U of M friends.

Okay, carry on.
The game starts on Tuesday morning here in India. I will have to follow it on the internet.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage
Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post
I love my Zinnia because it already comes with three full bathrooms. So helpful when entertaining kids and grandkids !
We have looked at them all and a Zinnia would definitely be our choice with the two bedroom suites. I would get a corner lot that would accomodate either a three car or golf car garage and stretch everything they allow.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default Do it quick

Find your lot and design as quickly as possible because you may not be able to do that in the near future. Yep, just a rumor but......heard it from more than one sales rep. You will know the house you want after you see the models. Usually it jumps out at you! I would recommend to choose your lot first----then you will know how much house to buy. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 PM

We went with the stretch iris.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
That's why we are also choosing the Aspen. Is it the "right" choice? Don't know, but that's what we chose.
Make room!! I'm comin' over!!!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM

The lot you pick will also determine what model you will be able to build. The standard lot will allow you most plans but limited stretches. If you select a Begonia you can stretch the front 3' for the bay window, add 3' more for a closest, side stretch 2', garage 4 ' side stretch, 2' foot stretch front of the garage & 4' lanai stretch. Now all you have to do is find a lot big enough and in a location that you like.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 AM

We just built an Ivy - open floor plan - 3 car garage for additional space
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Default What To Do?

We are moving to the Villages next year (2014) and now we are debating the new vs pre-owned home. I have been reading a great deal about people building the home which suits them, with additions, etc. We are bringing my Mother-in-Law with us so we want to have a comfortable space for her with a walk in shower of course. We lilke the layout of the Zinnia because it offers a bit of privacy with the larger bedrooms seperated. We are going to buy a three bedroom and three baths would be perfect.
We came earlier this year and rented while going on a tour of the Villages. I knew immediately that there was far too much to see. However the people were lovely and we can't wait to join you all.
Just letting off a little steam from hours of research.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Gold member

We bought a spec Ivy and couldn't be happier.
The only compromise we made is no golf cart garage but
they added a side bump of 4'.
The lanai on the Ivy seems to always be the extended version
which is 13 feet by 31 feet.
The selling point was being on a lake - the view is fantastic.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

I have bought (but not yet moved into yet) a Gardenia which I think is truly nice. The master and guest rooms are separated so guests have privacy. I was fortunate in that the 3rd bedroom had been bumped out already so it has a closet so not a den. The lanai is 28' by 9' and seems perfect to me. I love the master being in the back of the house. I love that there is a nook in the kitchen to put a table into so that toast and coffee in the morning is not at the dining room table. I know you'll find your dream. Happy Hunting !!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.