Surprise! The lot you bought and house you have planned are in a flood zone !

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,706 Posts

Deception by equivocation: leaving out significant negative details that will effect you and your home.

It is often used in all kinds of sales, that is why one needs to look into every aspect of a transaction or hire professionals to do so.

What purchase is more important than your home? And please don’t say, I never lived in Florida before so I don’t know about swamps or sink holes etc. If you decided to live in the Amazon forest would you not do any research about it first?

Last edited by Velvet; 12-19-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
The subject is flood insurance. I assume you weren't here for Irma or you would know that what you showed was the result of good water management and very, very, limited property impacts. Your post has nothing to do with the subject of the OP.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-20-2020, 12:06 AM
Default Flood endorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibole View Post
Home owner’s insurance does not cover damage caused by any water coming from the ground up . . . . flood, rain water runoff, swimming pool overflow, none. Only flood insurance covers damage caused by ground water.
There are homeowner’s companies (Not FEMA) that will endorse flood coverage on home policy. Coverages home and contents.

Call Clifford Insurance or Frank Slaughter Insurance. They can help you get a great premium on your home with flood coverage endorsed on policy.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, mortgage, insurance, told, pond

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.