Tamarind Grove

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Default Tamarind Grove

Dear Fellow Villagers,
I am moving into the Villages on the 28th of June in the Village of Tamarind Grove. My intentions is to live fulltime in the Villages. I am selling my real estate in Milwaukee, WI. I realize I maybe one of the youngest just turned 55yo. I am not married but in a Domestic Partnership with Aryn. Where do you start when you move here to meet people?
Victor
Old 06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

We are also moving in to our house in Tamarind Grove on June 28th. We will be full-time residents and are 57 (me) and 60 (hubby). There is another thread with an email for a woman who is in charge of one of the social groups in Tamarind Grove. Congratulations on your new home!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominfull View Post
Dear Fellow Villagers,
I am moving into the Villages on the 28th of June in the Village of Tamarind Grove. My intentions is to live fulltime in the Villages. I am selling my real estate in Milwaukee, WI. I realize I maybe one of the youngest just turned 55yo. I am not married but in a Domestic Partnership with Aryn. Where do you start when you move here to meet people?
Victor
This time of year, it's the neighborhood swimming pool by the mail boxes. Although the pools here do get business all year, during this heat they are really crowded. There is usually several conversations going on in the pool every afternoon. I would suggest showing up about 1:30.

Next would be sports. If you play golf, try and get into a group of guys. I play with the same neighbor twice every week and in the winter we have 3 snowbirds that we sometimes play with as well. If you can play softball, our two Tamarind Grove teams can always use good players, especially during the summer season.

I bought my CYV new July 2011, as did everyone else in my neighborhood so we had the advantage of all being new at the same time. I'm in Southern Star Villas, there are 4 CYV communities in Tamarind Grove. I'm 62 and my golf partner is 58, so your age isn't that much different. On the softball team we have players from mid 50's to 70's.

/
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran member

Welcome, Dominfull, Hope you have a smooth transition. I will be moving in next June (hopefully if my house sale goes well). When you learn all there is to know you can help me and my DH make a smooth transition. By then you should have lots of friends and be able to give me tips from your memory which will be fresh and full of tips <wink>.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum member

Welcome to the forum and the neighborhood!
Others have given good suggestions- another source is the recreational news supplement that is included in the Thursday edition of The Daily Sun newspaper.

You'll find sport schedules and locations, specialty clubs and interest groups.
Often, all you have to do is show up, smile and join in.

Often a smile, a wave and a Hello is all you need to encourage a neighbor to chat!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 AM

You will meet so many dynamic people through golf, clubs, the town square, neighbors and even walking downtown.

We live in Tamarind Grove too, great community and friendly.

You are going to love The Villages!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 AM

Start with your neighbors! You will find everyone so friendly, welcoming, and fun! I live in Tamarind Grove and it is such a great neighborhood! Go to activities with neighbors to get started!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Join one of our neighborhood social clubs!

There are 3 social clubs in Tamarind Grove. When we first moved in (almost two years ago) we only had one, but there was so much interest that we divided into three clubs - based on location: Lakeside Grovers, Poolside Grovers and Golfside Grovers.

Lakeside is units 159 & 160 (check your ID card) as well as Southwood and Biscayne Villas.

Golfside is Southern Star villas and Odessa Circle.

Poolside is everything else.

I'm the past president of Lakeside Grover - so I am biased, but I think it's the most active. We are definitely the largest. We have a website: lakesidegrovers.com. Check it out. It contains information on upcoming activities of the club, how to join, as well as information on other Tamarind Grove activities - golf, euchre, bunko, pickleball, ladies luncheons, men's breakfast, etc. You can join this club even if you aren't in the defined areas (anyone in The Villages can join any village club.) This is a great way to meet people and have fun - in fact, that's the whole purpose of the club. We meet the last Monday of the month in Sterling Heights Rec Center - doors open at 6pm. You have to buy tickets in advance. Ticket sales are always two Tuesdays BEFORE the meeting at 4pm at the Rec Center.

Welcome to the neighborhood. I really love it here. I'm sure you will too.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 PM

We also have a home in Tamarind Grove we have been very happy with our decision, there are many friendly people in our area. I believe you will find more people your age than you think.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 AM

Welcome.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Just talk to anyone and everyone. Soon you will have so many new friends and so many activities you will be tired at ten in the evening just like the rest of us.

Welcome to lower Paradise.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.