Woohoo - kinda sorta!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Default Woohoo - kinda sorta!

Things are still up in the air here about when Jim's plant is finally going to stop production so they can close the plant and he will be "laid off/retired". That date has been and still is a moving target since last December!

However, I have been able to work with my company to do "my" transition to a FL plant! Even though Jim is still working in MA, I am going to be able to have my company do my transition to FL by 7/1. This is BIG to me because I currently mostly work in NH but need to be "tied" to a MA plant for a security clearance. And because of that, have to pay Non-Resident income tax to MA. Once I "move" that will all go away.

One other nice financial benefit is that once I am actually living in our villa is I can contact our insurance agent and change our policy from an unoccupied status. This alone will reduce the cost by 2/3!

So now I have less than 2 weeks to pack up all the stuff that we didn't move in December! The greatest thing is that when I pick something up, I ask myself "Do I really love this? Is there a place I can envision placing this in our FL home?" Or is this something we want in our motorhome for when we visit up north? If it doesn't have a positive answer for these questions, it goes into the Goodwill box (unless our son wants it) I am so glad I sent all my crystal glassware down in the "first leg" of the move.

I am so looking forward to having Liver and Onions after Jim heads north (he tolerates liver but is not a huge fan) on 6/28. Who else, besides Dee, is a Liver and Onions/Bacon (and of course brown gravy) fan out there? Or can someone recommend a place that habitually servers this great?

Going on the road on for our 36th anniv (6/22) to destination SummerChase Cottages, The Villages!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Sage
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your kinda sorta good news. Can't say I'm a liver and onions fan but enjoy!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
Things are still up in the air here about when Jim's plant is finally going to stop production so they can close the plant and he will be "laid off/retired". That date has been and still is a moving target since last December!

However, I have been able to work with my company to do "my" transition to a FL plant! Even though Jim is still working in MA, I am going to be able to have my company do my transition to FL by 7/1. This is BIG to me because I currently mostly work in NH but need to be "tied" to a MA plant for a security clearance. And because of that, have to pay Non-Resident income tax to MA. Once I "move" that will all go away.

One other nice financial benefit is that once I am actually living in our villa is I can contact our insurance agent and change our policy from an unoccupied status. This alone will reduce the cost by 2/3!

So now I have less than 2 weeks to pack up all the stuff that we didn't move in December! The greatest thing is that when I pick something up, I ask myself "Do I really love this? Is there a place I can envision placing this in our FL home?" Or is this something we want in our motorhome for when we visit up north? If it doesn't have a positive answer for these questions, it goes into the Goodwill box (unless our son wants it) I am so glad I sent all my crystal glassware down in the "first leg" of the move.

I am so looking forward to having Liver and Onions after Jim heads north (he tolerates liver but is not a huge fan) on 6/28. Who else, besides Dee, is a Liver and Onions/Bacon (and of course brown gravy) fan out there? Or can someone recommend a place that habitually servers this great?

Going on the road on for our 36th anniv (6/22) to destination SummerChase Cottages, The Villages!
Welcome to you. We are doing the same here as we must be OUT by July 15th.

Toojays has WONDERFUL liver and onions but the BEST chicken livers, onions and gravy I have ever had in my LIFE. That in itself would be enough reason to move to TV!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Toojays has WONDERFUL liver and onions but the BEST chicken livers, onions and gravy I have ever had in my LIFE. That in itself would be enough reason to move to TV!
Thanks GG, I never noticed them on their menu. We have gone there mostly for breakfast/brunch and I usually get the Nova on a bagel. I'm going to have to check them out.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not meaning to hijack kandj's thread...but, Gracie, does the above statement mean you have a solid contract on your Ohio house????

Congrats kandj on getting your job relocated to FL ... can't beat sitting on the lanai with phone or laptop to conduct business.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Good luck to both of you

Gracie, I hope you have a contract!!! Kandj, good luck on your second move. I hope the hubby gets laid off very soon. It is truly wonderful down here.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Default So Glad for you

Gracie does that mean that you have a contract?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.