taxes

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Default taxes

hello ,new to the website,spouse and i are looking to move to the villages in august and are unsure about the registration of vehicles. does anyone know if we will have to pay a sales tax on out of state vehicles when we move? any help with the unexpected cost of moving would be appreciated. thanks bob
Old 03-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Search "Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Fee Schedule". License plates are called tags in Florida. There is a website that lists all the docs you need to get a drivers license but I can't find it. Anyone?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycomfort1 View Post
hello ,new to the website,spouse and i are looking to move to the villages in august and are unsure about the registration of vehicles. does anyone know if we will have to pay a sales tax on out of state vehicles when we move? any help with the unexpected cost of moving would be appreciated. thanks bob
Welcome to TOTV....

Here's a link to the Sumter County website for car registration. I believe all your questions can be answered there.

Car Registration Florida
Old 03-27-2015, 07:34 AM

hey thanks for the info / getting this all straight along with selling the house /convincing the family and moving has my head spinning
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It will be worth it. Trust me.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
One thing that completely surprised us was having to pay the difference in sales tax between MA and FL on a car we had purchased less than six months prior to moving here. If we had purchased it more than six months before we moved, there would have been no tax. We registered three cars here and that one was the only one we had to pay tax on.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
It will be worth it. Trust me.
Everybody tells me you get bored living in Florida.

Apparently cornfields and cold never get old.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
hey thanks for the info / getting this all straight along with selling the house /convincing the family and moving has my head spinning
You will never "convince" your family until you finally tell them the discussion is closed, you are moving. They will take whatever position they take, but they shouldn't be controlling your life at this point. Our kids weren't happy, probably still aren't but they have started to make plans to visit and are "adjusting" now that they know their input is not required.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.