Is there a floor in the attic for storage?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Default Is there a floor in the attic for storage?

Hi,
My husband and I are moving to TV very shortly. We will be moving into a Lily. Our question is, in the attic section is there a floor for placement of storage items? Thank you in advance for any help you can give us
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM

There is usually a few sheets of 4X8 plywood up there but it's still not a lot of space. It gets very hot up there so you need to think about what you store.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
There is usually a few sheets of 4X8 plywood up there but it's still not a lot of space. It gets very hot up there so you need to think about what you store.
Thanks for replying so quickly George. I just love how friendly the people of TV are. Can't wait until Nov. when we will be permanent residents. Anyway, we are interested in the attics, simply to put our Christmas decorations, such as reindeers, tree, and snowman. Do you think the snowman will melt?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Real snowmen wouldn't have a chance!
Might not want to store Christmas candles there either. We had Santa and Mrs. Santa packed together and when we unpacked them ...ahhh...it was kind of obscene.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 AM

That was a cute reply
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

You can actually store a fair amount of "stuff" up there but you should also know attic stairs are not installed in new homes but there are plenty of handymen around who can do it for a reasonable amount. If you need a name we can give you the name of our guy.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage

I have a Lantana style house that was built in 2002. When I moved in 2 years ago, I found the attic over the garage had been floored completely and also the previous owner had installed the solar powered attic fans to keep it cooler up there - as well as in the garage itself. Really works good.

I would also recommend the solar tubes to everyone. They provide lots of light to areas that do not have natural lighting. They are a great invention that I never knew about until 2 years ago. The previous owner of my house had 7 solar tubes installed around the house. Solar Guys are experts at installing them.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanNem View Post
Thanks for replying so quickly George. I just love how friendly the people of TV are. Can't wait until Nov. when we will be permanent residents. Anyway, we are interested in the attics, simply to put our Christmas decorations, such as reindeers, tree, and snowman. Do you think the snowman will melt?
You're welcome!

Christmas stuff, suit cases and my brewing equipment are mostly what we keep up there. As AJ & Jane mentioned you'll need stairs if you don't have them. We have aluminum stairs, a bit more expensive but worth it. Remember weight will be an issue as to getting the boxes up the stairs and into the attic. the stairs are steep and narrow no matter what kind you get. I also recommend an attic fan to keep it a little cooler up there.

Welcome to TV and TOTV!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM

Hi Geoge,
Since you were such a big help with my attic question, I thought maybe you could help me with this one. My husband and I are big Disney fans, and go to Disney quite often when we are in Florida. But my question is, do they run buses over to Disney? I had heard this from someone when we were down a few weeks ago. But could find nothing to verify it.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanNem View Post
Hi Geoge,
Since you were such a big help with my attic question, I thought maybe you could help me with this one. My husband and I are big Disney fans, and go to Disney quite often when we are in Florida. But my question is, do they run buses over to Disney? I had heard this from someone when we were down a few weeks ago. But could find nothing to verify it.

Joan,

I don't think that there is a shuttle or a bus from the villages but I don't know for sure. Someone else might know but I suggest you start a different thread for that.

Something else you might be interested in since you go to Disney quite often are "Magic Your Way" tickets. The link is below. A one day hopper pass will run you around $100 if you buy it at the gate. You can buy a 10 day hopper pass with no expiration date for $492 for a greater than 50%
discount. I bought the 10 day pass about 8-9 years ago for $322 when I still lived in VT and still have days left on them. I didn't sign the back of the tickets and have had no trouble using them for us or anyone else. Choose the no expiration option and you will never pay more no matter what the price is even 10 years form now. Just don't lose them.

http://www.orlandofuntickets.com/Bas.../Adult-10-Day/

Last edited by GeorgeT; 08-17-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Hi George,
Thanks for the info. We will definitely check it out You have been so helpful.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Administrator

I think this thread has been 'Hi-Jacked'!

Probably helpful for everyone to start a new discussion for the new topic. When future users are searching it will be easier for them to find information when it is topic specific.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I think this thread has been 'Hi-Jacked'!

Probably helpful for everyone to start a new discussion for the new topic. When future users are searching it will be easier for them to find information when it is topic specific.

Thanks
Hi Admin,

LOL, yes the original poster hijacked her own thread! I recommended that she start another thread in a previous post.
Thanks for keeping such a close eye on things. IMHO this site has improved dramatically over the past three weeks!

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Veteran member
Default diney tickets

the disney website has difereent packages with discounts for FL residents, als AAA has discount tickets
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.