Thinking of coming down to see what life is like in TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Default Thinking of coming down to see what life is like in TV

I have a friend, and all she talks about is the villages. She wants to move there one day with her husband. They have been down, and seem to just love the place. I love to dance, and am a widow. Do other women come down by themselves to see what life is like down there? What suggestions would you give someone who would be traveling by themselves? Where to stay, what to do, how long to stay for an initial visit? Has anyone else out there done the same?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Thinking of coming down to see what life is like in TV

Hi Kathy-o,

We have a friend who is a single woman and moved to The Villages in June of 2006. She is one of the most difficult people to get hold of these days!!! She loves it, has made tons of friends and has a new love interest as well. As a matter of fact she often says that if she only knew what life in The Villages was really like she would have moved ten years earlier!

The first thing I would do is check out the official web site of The Villages, which you probably already have, then call 1-800-245-1081. Once you have spoken to someone you will be assigned a "Guest Coordinator" who can help you set up a Lifestyle Preview. Previews can be 3, 4, 5 or 6 days and you can even request to stay in a particular style of home that you may have in mind to purchase, if not ask to stay at the cottages in Lake Sumter Landing as they are delightful. The cost is minimal regardless of your choice of accommodations, $75 a night. (I also recommend renting a golf cart for an additional $18.95 a day I think; not everyone agrees on the golf cart thing but we have used one both times we visited and had a ton of fun!) You will be given a special guest pass with free meals, movie tickets, rounds of golf and tennis, discounts at a Spa, a Hair Salon as well as 20% off at either of the two Villages Mercantile stores. If another person accompanies you they would be given a guest pass too.During our five day preview we had to seriously plan how to use all of the freebies, lol.

Unfortunately we do not yet live in The Villages yet otherwise we would volunteer to show you around but their are plenty of folks here on TOTV who do live there and will be happy to show you around; some are couples and some are singles.

Also I'd recommend planning your Preview during a time when there is the TOTV monthly Luncheon and/or any other TOTV gathering for that matter. You will find the folks there to be extremely fun, welcoming and helpful. One woman even drove out of her way to show me the way home when I got lost! Since you love to dance make sure you connect with a woman here on TOTV named Rokinronda who also loves to dance!!!

Good luck, you'll have a fabulous time!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM

Hi,
My husband and I visited on a promotion the Villages had. I would suggest you contact them and they will help you rent a place for a week and get some "quirks" while you are here.
My husband and I now live her, bought in 2005. If you love to dance and be active, this is the place for you! There are oodles of single women or widowed women. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Barbara
Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I agree with the last two posts. We do not live there yet, we just closed on a house through the mail on Monday of this week. When we were there last month we met a lot of single women dancing at Katie Belles. I have read many posts here at TOTV about people who are single being very happy there. If we lived there we would offer to accompany you and we have lots of friends that are single people in our world here and expect that to be so in TV too. I feel that you would not feel awkward or excluded there at all.

Come on down to Paradise. Why not!!

GracieGirl
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Thank you everyone for the information. I am making the phone call today! Kathy-o
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.