For those who have purchased a new Patio Villa:

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Smile For those who have purchased a new Patio Villa:

For those who have purchased a new Patio Villa:

Did you select a model and find that model to purchase or did you purchase based on location?

Which model do you like best and why?

Other than number of bedrooms, all of the Patio Villas seem similar?

Why are some models 20k more than another with similar square footage?

We have our second lifestyle visit at the end of April and we hope to purchase a new Patio Villa in a new community. Thanks!!
Old 02-05-2023, 02:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,617 Times in 436 Posts

I purchased a patio villa in December. Location was very important to me (Richmond). I tried six times in the lottery before I finally landed one. I would have been have been happy with any of the patio villa floor plans, as it is just me living in the house. I did ranks the floor plans from one to five in order of preference for my sales agent. I ended up with my fifth choice, but am still very happy with my new home (Topaz). There are differences in the layouts of the various villas - some have pass-through kitchens others don’t. The Opal has a bit more kitchen cabinet space. For the Topaz, pluses are a large two car garage (which Opal does not have), and an extremely large walk-in master bedroom closet. Minus is that there is no dedicated dining area, but just one large open living/dining area. A traditional dining room set will not fit, but there is a very large kitchen island to eat at. I paid an additional 20k for a corner lot location, which has a nice berm/landscaping with palm trees on the side of my yard that is maintained by the developer, and will offer privacy from the street as it matures. I also have room to build a large birdcage on the side of my home. There are two floor plans that offer golf cart garages, but with my large garage, I have plenty of room for my sports car, my golf cart and room for storage. The main difference when it comes to floor plans, are kitchen setup, size of garage and size of master bedroom closet, as well as whether a golf cart garage is important for you or not.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

In 07 there were 2 PV floor plans. Both only 1 car garage with small area for golf cart. Colony floor plan had inside laundry, the other floor plan had garage laundry. Small dinette in the kitchen, counter to eat at, and room for a 6 person dining table in living area. Master had good size walk in closet, and guest room had a 8-10’ closet. Front 10x10’ lanai, plus patio on side of house. Downside garage.

Just looked at new PVs for a friend in Richmond, 2 car garages, some with separate golf cart, and some lots have room for a pool. Master slightly smaller, the living areas in some models seem cramped, yet footprint is larger than the original PVs.

We vacationed in our PV for 4 years, but never lived full time. Bigger garages are really nice, but some new models, don’t have the side patio, and no dedicated dining. It’s going to be a personal preference, on what is more important. I am not a fan of eating at the counter, prefer a table.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Location should be first priority.
Closed Thread

Tags
patio, villa, model, purchase, similar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.