Tool to figure out measurements of floor plans items not labelled by builder

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Default Tool to figure out measurements of floor plans items not labelled by builder

Hello,

I have been sitting here in North Carolina, looking at floor plans and trying to figure out sizes of room features on the builders drawings that don't have specific dimensions. An example is; Will a queen size bed fit in the MBR of a Jasmin with two end tables (odd shaped room) ? How large a TV will fit on that wall segment in a Begonia MBR? How wide is that Roman Shower? Will a King Size headboard obsruct the windows when turned "long ways" in the MBR?

I created a excel file to help with this:

1) Download the DOC file (Note this is uploaded as a .DOC file, after downloading change the extension from .doc to .xlsx).
2) It uses a metric ruler (don't worry, all the answers are in Inches and Feet). You can download and print the attached PDF file which is the Ruler.
3) All instructions are in the Excel file.

With as fast as houses are selling and having to make decisions not being local with a tape measure, I found this helped me understand what would fit in rooms where the length and width measurements don't tell the whole story.

Please be aware, there is not guarantee of this capability and there are no warrantees of fitness for use implied or otherwise stated. I hate that part.....Please, if you have a make or break measurement, contact a/your village sales agent, they are very helpful.

I hope this may help someone who is trying to figure this out from a distance.
Attached Files
File Type: doc screen floorplan estimator.doc (11.8 KB, 569 views)
File Type: pdf metric-ruler.pdf (198.4 KB, 344 views)
Closed Thread

Tags
file, fit, mbr, figure, excel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.