Train Noise in Fenney?

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Default Train Noise in Fenney?

Good morning!

Considering building in Fenney. We're aware that there are train tracks nearby.
Does anyone know how often they go through there?
Do you hear the trains in Fenney?
Do they go through there at night?
Do they sound a whistle when going through there?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

There are no train tracks that I know of down here. There are tracks up in the city of Wildwood but they don't come through here and are several miles away. Southern Oaks will be closer to the Turnpike and that might be a bit noisy depending on how close they put up the homes. It is very quiet here at night but during the day there is a lot of construction noise needless to say as they are building at a very fast pace.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Muffin. If you are considering building I assume it will be South of Fenney Way as there aren't that many lots left on the North side within the Village of Fenney. If that is true, you will be in a very quiet area as there are no roads near that section except for Fenney Way itself. You will here some negative comments about Fenney but those will be from people who don't live down here. You never know who will be living next to you possibly with barking dogs or loud music but other than that gamble it's pretty quiet. Do be prepared to hear construction noise during the day until building is completed. I don't know who told you about train tracks but they are several miles away and I would not let them be a concern.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Main line train track parallels the villages. It's closer down to about wildwood then it works it way Southwest. Train whistle can be heard for miles on flat land with little barriers. I doubt the Whistle is that loud down there. Its really loud sometimes depending which way the wind blowing up North on the West side close to 301. To really know for sure Google earth and follow the tracks south and you will get picture of the distance from the tracks. Also someone said they changed the whistle and times trains run. I live maybe 2 miles or less way crow flies and I rarely notice whistle Noise.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info! South of Fenney Way is where we're thinking about. From the looks of things on Google maps, the trains are a couple of miles away. Just wondered if anyone could here them. Thanks again!
Old 10-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Its very hard to hear the train whistle over the sledgehammers breaking rocks at Coleman Penitentiary. Just Joking! I have been at Fenney observing everything around the clock and noise and safety are not issues in my opinion. I want to move there very badly but I hate to leave our present Villages home and neighborhood. Such problems. Ugh.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Its very hard to hear the train whistle over the sledgehammers breaking rocks at Coleman Penitentiary. Just Joking! I have been at Fenney observing everything around the clock and noise and safety are not issues in my opinion. I want to move there very badly but I hate to leave our present Villages home and neighborhood. Such problems. Ugh.

Location,Location,Location [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 03:43 PM
Gold member
Default If, you are a light sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin9780 View Post
Good morning!

Considering building in Fenney. We're aware that there are train tracks nearby.
Does anyone know how often they go through there?
Do you hear the trains in Fenney?
Do they go through there at night?
Do they sound a whistle when going through there?

Thanks in advance!
You may want to ask about sound deadening insulation.
A block home will be quieter than a sided one.

Our Villages home is over 5 miles from the nearest train but yes you can hear them. The law is that they must blow the horn when they come to a crossing.

Fortunately, I can sleep through anything including hurricane Erma.

SUGGESTION-The Villages used to and I expect still does rent homes to people interested in buying-you do not need to commit to a sale. If, you have time-why not rent a place in Fenny and try it out.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We sometimes hear a train whistle and I am one inclined to like he sound of it. its like grandfather clock
Can I still say grandfather? or does it have to be grandpeople
Old 10-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin9780 View Post
Thanks for the info! South of Fenney Way is where we're thinking about. From the looks of things on Google maps, the trains are a couple of miles away. Just wondered if anyone could here them. Thanks again!
I live in Hadley, and I hear them occasionally. But it has to be otherwise very quiet for them to be heard here.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:25 PM

I can sometimes hear the train from Bonifay. I love it off in the distance. I could hear it in Winter Park.
I grew up in Michigan 7 houses away from the tracks and never was bothered.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, train, trains, hear, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.