Trash/recycle collection

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Default Trash/recycle collection

Making settlement in July in Buttonwood area. Just wondering how often trash is collected, and is there recycling. Also, I read about use of plastic bags, are plastic trash cans prohibited?

Nick
Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 AM

NicknBabs;

First of all, a warm (sometimes even hot in July) welcome to TV.

Each area seems to have it's own schedule. You should be able to get this info from your sales person. For example, I live in Amelia and trash is collected on Tues. a.m. and Fri. a.m. When I say "a.m." I'm really saying approx. 5:30 a.m. Recyclables are collected on Fri.

You are requested to use white, opaque bags with red drawstrings (I use Glad Tall 13 ga. Kitchen) for trash and clear bags for recyclables. Boxes should be flattened and newsprint in the recycle bag or tied with twine.

Your own trash cans of either plastic or metal are prohibited.

I hope this info is useful and feel free to PM me if you have further questions. Again, your sales person should provide a lot of information.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
NicknBabs;

First of all, a warm (sometimes even hot in July) welcome to TV.

Each area seems to have it's own schedule. You should be able to get this info from your sales person. For example, I live in Amelia and trash is collected on Tues. a.m. and Fri. a.m. When I say "a.m." I'm really saying approx. 5:30 a.m. Recyclables are collected on Fri.

You are requested to use white, opaque bags with red drawstrings (I use Glad Tall 13 ga. Kitchen) for trash and clear bags for recyclables. Boxes should be flattened and newsprint in the recycle bag or tied with twine.

Your own trash cans of either plastic or metal are prohibited.

I hope this info is useful and feel free to PM me if you have further questions. Again, your sales person should provide a lot of information.
I use 33 gal black for my trash. I don't think there are any required bags for trash only for recycle.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:00 PM

Bogie (which is really par for me) and dfn8tly,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. A little strange that cans aren't allowed, but then up here they blow around all day...we intend to buy one or two to keep in the garage to store trash, hopefully that's not disallowed. I will camouflage them so no one will be able to see them when the door is open....

Hot there in July? No way!

We are dfn8tly looking forward to it!!!!

Nick & Barb
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicknBabs View Post
Bogie (which is really par for me) and dfn8tly,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. A little strange that cans aren't allowed, but then up here they blow around all day...we intend to buy one or two to keep in the garage to store trash, hopefully that's not disallowed. I will camouflage them so no one will be able to see them when the door is open....

Hot there in July? No way!

We are dfn8tly looking forward to it!!!!

Nick & Barb
We use a plastic garbage can to hold our plastic bag. It's in the garage. No camouflage needed.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
We use a plastic garbage can to hold our plastic bag. It's in the garage. No camouflage needed.

John
Same here. Plastic Can in the garage to hold the Plastic Bag.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage

Nick -

Welcome to TV.....and TOTV!!

You'll get the definitive info on trash and recycle collection dates at your closing. As has already been said, trash collection happens twice a week - recycling once a week. Yep, no cans out at the curb but you can keep them in your garage with no problem. Clear bags for recycling, any bag for trash (though we were told at closing to use white drawstring bags but I've seen no trash bag color mentioned elsewhere in TV literature).

Hope all goes well with your closing!

Bill
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Welcome to Buttonwood.
Trash is picked up Mon. & Thurs. mornings. Recycle on Thurs. Yard waste every Wed. morning. Use those brown paper bags ( available Walmart, Publix, HD, Ace, etc.) for yard waste.
Any of these should only be placed to the curb with in 24 hours of pick up. Community Watch does report on trash and yard waste placed to the curb days ahead of time.
Yes, all of this info is given at closing. However, when we closed in Buttonwood a year ago the Closing Dept. was giving out the wrong days for pick up. It became clear as we watch others on the block using different days.
Have fun.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM

I've lived in a couple of cities in Florida and visited a lot more, and never seen one that allowed cans to be put out for trash. Thank goodness for that. If trash cans were allowed they would be uggly, blown around with the wind, and left out for long periods of time because of people leaving for summer, or for other reasons.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.