Trash Service Question

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
As a non villager I find your trash service really ridiculous. Just down the road in my community we have one can for trash one smaller can for recyclables, or you can use a yellow bucket provided also for recyclables, the trucks that are used have mechanical arm is that will pick up the cans and dump them into the trucks. The only request they have is to cut up cardboard boxes and flatten them out if it's more than one or two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I never got past "as a non villager" in reading your post.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Perhaps a non-Villager could educate you somewhat if you kept reading, Bogie (which I know you did, anyway).

Yes, non-Villagers understand what is done in the "Bubble" is ridiculous, absurd or whatever other adjective you want to apply to the trash system of using plastic bags. Sure Morse Family . . . keep adding more plastic into the landfill and ruining the environment even more. Waste Management knows what they are doing but the powers that be in The Villages just want to get off cheap by using a less caring company who charges less!

In addition, that The Villages does NOT recycle anything is shameful!

Education yes, bashing the Villages, No.
BTW do you fall in the non-villager category?
Old 12-15-2021, 12:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Education yes, bashing the Villages, No.
BTW do you fall in the non-villager category?
I have been a Villager twice and a non-Villager once.
I speak from mucho experience.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Red face To Recycle Means . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
With respect, it does not seem that you understand what the term “recycle” means.
Without going into a ten-page dissertation, I understand "recycle" to mean to re-use or to turn into another reusable product.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
You are a trash bag full of misinformation. Regardless of what you choose to call it, i.e., a landfill, dump, or ???. YES, THERE IS such a thing.

And you're telling me that The Villages trash is gone through to find recycled items such as steel, aluminum, cardboard, paper, plastic etc., and these items are recycled? Of course, we won't talk about the garbage that people put in with their trash, in addition to dog and cat poop, will we?

Yeah, right!
Hello,

I am on the public NSCUDD board that oversees the operation of sanitation in a large part of the Villages. Please read what is stated here that may answer some of your questions or concerns -> Sanitation Information

If you have more questions or issues with what NSCUDD does, please feel free to attend one of our meetings held once a month at the Sea Breeze Rec Center in the Villages or contact one of the board members directly -> Board of Supervisors

Thanks and have a happy holiday season,

Rick
Old 12-15-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts
Default Bonanza

To add to twoplane suggestions, you can further your education by going to this site…..the company that picks up the trash…….
Home | Covanta

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 12-15-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Yep, early in the a.m.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
The system is one of the most ridiculous things about ”the bubble”. Putting a plastic garbage bag on your driveway where critters can get at it it’s just plain stupid. I would put it out in the morning to avoid them.
If people used cans, they would be flying around during some of the storms we get here, besides , where would we put the cans ? And, as you know, some would just leave them out front and never move them....No thanks, I'll use bags.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
When we got here we didn't know that you are not supposed to use cans. So we've been putting a plastic can out forever and never had a problem, to this day. Even being out there when the trash is picked up and saying hi to the guys nothing has eve been mentioned

Ok so how do keep the trash from stinking up the garage and preventing critters from getting in there.
a couple of streets from my last house , there was a can left out all day , was that you? I’ve lived places with the cans they stay out all day ,get blown all over the place and they stink up because many people never wash them , the other problem is the people who start leaving there thrash bags out around 2 pm the day before , I can’t figure out why and I know some people are leaving but most live here
Old 12-16-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,637 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default Funny peculiar, not funny "ha ha".

Why are the TV residents responding to non-TV residents who use TV forum to bash our community?
And what is the fun of baiting and bashing TV and the residents on a website that is clearly meant for those that live here or want to?
Have they no better source of entertainment? Once they have been identified as non-residents who bait and bash TV and its residents, remember them, consider them trolls, ignore their posts and don't respond. Maybe they will lose interest and ....
Closed Thread

Tags
service, trash, debris, remodel, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.