TV Relocation Program.. anybody use it or have any information?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Default TV Relocation Program.. anybody use it or have any information?

Hi, I understand the Villages has a relocation program? Has anyone used it or have any pros or cons about it?
Thank you
Old 03-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Default TV Relocation Program.. anybody use it or have any information?

Hi, I understand the Villages has a relocation program? Has anyone used it or have any pros or cons about it?
Thank you
Old 03-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I used it ten years ago and was very pleased. Took care of the sale and the move. Not sure what it's like now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

So if you speak to your rep, they can go over, how it works. They find the best track record real estate agents in your area. After all they you want you to sell quickly. You contact them, interview and choose who you like.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Default Relo services

We tried using Relocation services a year ago. Unfortunately, the two agents we interviewed jacked up the price in order to recover the relocation fee from TV. We weren't wise enough to understand how unhappy that made our real estate agent. We are how $35K lower than we started out at in February 2018. Just lowered the price again today as we are coming anyway! (Why delay retirement and fun...). Will be looking next week for a PV rental until our house sells.

Secondly, the moving services that they have contact you seem to be about $1-2K higher than going out on the market ourselves. Just took bids today and they are coming in at $1-2K lower for the same level of them packing and moving with one month storage. Again, I think there is a premium on the referral that TV takes.

I know it works well for some and that is wonderful! But it didn't work for us. Just our experience!
Old 03-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,230 Posts

We used it to sell some swamp land in Delaware (long story), and it was more of a reference service for a Delaware realtor, in the end it worked our better than we expected, we got rid of the swamp, and actually covered all costs and got a few bucks back.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

I believe that their cut is ten percent of the commission on selling your home outside of TV.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe View Post
Thank you
We used it and found it not helpful. Better to go with recommendations from people in your home area, which is what we ended up doing. The relocation people really don't know inside info for all the different areas. I think they just work off of a list. I recommend doing your own scouting work.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Witness Protection. Absolutely. Several in the neighboring Village. I'd take them over the Problem that many have in our neighborhood.

Our best friends used the service you speak of and the entire thing was seamless, not cheap but seamless. Wish I knew about it I would have paid for sure. Let us know how you do with this. I would like to do it on an InterVillage Move. Is that bad? Does that make me lazy? We've moved 22 times, we've had enough. Good Luck To Ya!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We used it and found it not helpful. Better to go with recommendations from people in your home area, which is what we ended up doing. The relocation people really don't know inside info for all the different areas. I think they just work off of a list. I recommend doing your own scouting work.
I missed your post-CFrance, I'm sorry. I would be 1000% more inclined to go with your version as you have led little old me in only good directions on other issues. Good Job. You are way overdue for a Killer Joke! Thanks.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:50 PM

I used it several years ago and was not happy with the program. The agent kept telling me we had a buyer and sales contract, but she never received any earnest money from this buyer. My house was off the market during this fiasco. In the end I reported her to her chief broker and hired a different agent, not related to The Villages Relocation program.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Hi thanks so much for your experience. Much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Thank you all... I will let you know how I make out...
Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 AM

As someone with over 30 years experience in the moving industry (upper management level) and 5 of those years dealing with TV Relo, here are some facts and what I personally would do.
Facts: TV does NOT get kickbacks/rebates from movers (illegal.) They DO get a percentage of RE commission (legal.) There are 3 categories of customers, in order of importance: 1) Military/DOD/Other Gov't, 2) Corporate, and 3) COD (everybody else.) If you go through TV Relo, you are considered a corporate customer vs a COD. IF you have to move during mover's peak periods (Memorial Day through Labor Day, the last Friday of every month, and whenever schools are out - Christmas break, for example) that bump in service level is critical. You could book your move months in advance, do everything right and by the book, and still get dumped like a hot potato the day before your move if you are COD and the mover can drop you in lieu of a desperate last-minute COD they can make more money off of. A corporate customer will not get dumped.
All that being said, I would do my own thing IF I could be flexible and/or avoid peak periods. Which, BTW, is what I did and I had no problems at all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.