TV Relocation Program.. anybody use it or have any information?

TV Relocation Program.. anybody use it or have any information?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-28-2019, 05:50 PM

I used it several years ago and was not happy with the program. The agent kept telling me we had a buyer and sales contract, but she never received any earnest money from this buyer. My house was off the market during this fiasco. In the end I reported her to her chief broker and hired a different agent, not related to The Villages Relocation program.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Hi thanks so much for your experience. Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Thank you all... I will let you know how I make out...
Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 AM

As someone with over 30 years experience in the moving industry (upper management level) and 5 of those years dealing with TV Relo, here are some facts and what I personally would do.
Facts: TV does NOT get kickbacks/rebates from movers (illegal.) They DO get a percentage of RE commission (legal.) There are 3 categories of customers, in order of importance: 1) Military/DOD/Other Gov't, 2) Corporate, and 3) COD (everybody else.) If you go through TV Relo, you are considered a corporate customer vs a COD. IF you have to move during mover's peak periods (Memorial Day through Labor Day, the last Friday of every month, and whenever schools are out - Christmas break, for example) that bump in service level is critical. You could book your move months in advance, do everything right and by the book, and still get dumped like a hot potato the day before your move if you are COD and the mover can drop you in lieu of a desperate last-minute COD they can make more money off of. A corporate customer will not get dumped.
All that being said, I would do my own thing IF I could be flexible and/or avoid peak periods. Which, BTW, is what I did and I had no problems at all.