USAA Bump

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homosassa Steve View Post
Insurance rates are one of the main reasons people tend to be a little surprised at the cost of living expenses in FL. Having lived or worked in 49 of our states,
I’ve found Florida has the most erratic and unpredictable drivers in the country. It’s no wonder the rates are so high.
You realize that most of these bad drivers were not born in Florida but their bad skills came with them upon arrival🚑🚑🚑
Old 05-03-2021, 12:18 PM

I suggest you check with other companies IN Florida. We did much better with The Villages Insurance. They shipped several companies and in turned out that Travelers had the best rate for the same coverage. Had one claim, other driver was at fault, and the repair shop said we were lucky we had Travelers Insurance because their parts replacement policy was the best in the industry. They also said most companies won't pay for repairs while waiting for settlement from the other driver's insurance. Usually we get what we pay for.🤓
Old 05-03-2021, 12:41 PM

USAA member since 1978 car and home. In Florida they would not give me home owners (Marion County) and car rates were higher than Ohio. Switched to AAA and got the same coverage at 1/2 the rate
Old 05-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Yo! MODERATOR!!!

I was told more than 6 years ago I wasn't allowed do 'BUMP' up a topic. Has the policy changed? If not why is this "bump" post here after 3 pages???
Old 05-03-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
Just moved to the villages and called USAA to switch our auto coverage from Virginia to Florida. We have 2 cars: a 2016 RAV4 and a 1995 Miata.

We discovered the same coverage went up 50%!

Are drivers that bad in Florida?

Anyone else have this happen?
When we were ready to move to Florida from New York, I asked "Why so expensive"? The response: "There are a lot of old people driving expensive cars".
Old 05-03-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One thing to consider is that Virginia requires you to have uninsured motorist coverage, but Florida does not. I don't buy the uninsured motorist coverage because I consider it to be mostly redundant with medical insurance. And, I don't want to be required to file a medical claim with my auto insurance company. I think that many people automatically buy the uninsured motorist coverage because they come from a state that requires it, and they don't even understand what it covers and what it doesn't cover. It provides no liability coverage.
Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage (UM/UIM) is, in my opinion, the most important coverage you can buy in Florida, as it protects you from other drivers who carry little or no bodily injury liability coverage. UM/UIM applies only to bodily injury, not to property damage. Only the named insured on an auto policy can waive UM/UIM coverage, and some people do to save money, but such waiver is false economy. Buy as much bodily injury liability coverage as you can afford, because the more BI coverage you have, the more UM/UIM coverage you can buy. Also, if you have an umbrella policy, be sure not to waive UM/UIM coverage on your umbrella policy. I have been a licensed Florida civil trial lawyer for almost 50 years, and on this subject, I know whereof I speak.
Closed Thread

Tags
usaa, florida, coverage, 50%, drivers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.