Village of Monarch Grove.

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Question Village of Monarch Grove.

We are looking to move to the villages. What can you tell me about the new area? Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I'll lead the responses with a half full / half empty discussion. Right now Monarch Grove is a sand pit, with many roads and utilities in, with the promise of yet another thriving village. I've owned in the very developed and mature area between 466 and 466A since 2016, but just recently became a full time resident. Last year I retired, and brought my brothers down for a week and we took a "road trip" down to Fenney and played on the then recently opened putt putt course. Fenney was nearly built out, and Desoto under construction. some site work was being done in McClure and marsh bend. I didnt have a clue what Linden and Monarch Grove might be. When you have a project that encompasses 250 new homes per month, 13-15 months is an eternity. Riverbend and Swallowtail open tomorrow and the beat goes on. Is it close to things ? Right now definitely NOT. You have the very pleasant Fenney Grill as the ONLY eatery within several miles. You have the Publix on 44 as the closest grocery store, with the promise of another on Warm Springs . perhaps in a year or 2. From where I am today, i can get to several regional rec centers, family and adult pools, within minutes, and sumter and brownwood are equidistant. 466A near trailwinds is developing nicely, albeit almost a decade after neighborhoods north and south of it were built. Will the migration to the new sections bring a vibrancy of community like prior building has ? Probably .. Will warm springs, 501, 44 get the commercial development that 466 and 466A have seen over the years ?? Probably. Much of the baby boomer population has prided themselves on delayed gratification. So, are you willing to wait for all that follow on development and expecting to live to see those young trees grow into mature landscapes ? I see it as a toss up .. moving to The Villages is a no brainer .. going into a mature area where many friendships already exist, or being a pioneer of sorts and being a founding member of a new village or community is a very personal decision.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:46 PM

They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock

We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!
Old 05-31-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bythesea8 View Post
Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?
Traveling to Brownwood currently is only by auto on the roadways, Fenney is the furthest new village and it's about 5 miles from SR44 and Morse, and then it's about 4 miles from Morse Blvd to Brownwood, about 9 miles total. You'll have a cart path available within a year or so, that would make a second option. I live near Seabreeze Rec Center and Trailwinds Village which has the Lowe's, Aldis, Burger King, and and my house is 14 miles from Fenny.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.
wow.......when we played golf the other day, a security guard at Fenny told us the turnpike overpass would not be ready to go for another 2 years.....?

Hopefully he was wrong....
Old 05-31-2019, 02:06 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
By Christmas 2020...no chance Christmas this year.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread.
Today we went for a beautiful walk around Hogeye Marsh. On the way home to Osceola Hills, we stopped at the new Swallowtale pool in MG to wallow in the water for awhile.

I think MG is very good. The noise from the turnpike is MUCH less than in Marsh Bend. It will be easy to get in and out because there are three roads that connect to 501.

Good choice.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock

Really liking this thread feeling somewhat at home already now onto design meeting in August! Feeling much better about our MG decision...
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 PM

Hubby and I just drove over to MG this evening and it looks beautiful! Everything will fill in and connectivity will get you to other areas. Yes, you'll drive in your car for awhile, but we like getting places quickly anyway. Once you start meeting people and getting involved in activities, it won't make much difference which village you live in.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 PM

We are in DeSoto, bought lot last June and built in 4th quarter. When we bought our lot last year there was nothing to the east of us. A year later DeSoto is built out, McClure is close to build out. Linden, Marsh Bend, and Monarch Grove are building like crazy and DeLuna is not far behind. So the homes will go up fast. I go to the Publix on 44 and Morse and it is like 10 minutes by car. The WalMart in Leesburg is 20 to 25 minutes. Brownwood is about 15 minutes, Lake Sumter 20 to 25 minutes. To me I don’t mind these drives. In the builders releases they state Magnolia Plaza will open in Fall of 2020 and connectivity with Brownwood by Q1 2020. If you are like me and don’t mind the drives then the frontier down south may be for you. If you want everything within a 15 minute cart ride then look in the established Villages north of 44.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,205 Posts

Purchased a lot with a view in MG for many of the reasons Hurrikane stated.

Anticipating that area will be filled in by this time next year if not sooner. Loved the peaceful natural beauty of the trails, clusters of trees and the openness with man made water features in the area. The new local amenities are first class also.

MG will be more and more central over the next 5-10 years assuming growth continues so likely a new square to the south at some point. May not help me but my heirs will enjoy it ;-)
Old 07-07-2019, 07:54 AM

My wife and I just purchased in Monarch Grove. We close on 07/11. We've been visiting T.V. for almost 15 years now and up until 2 months ago were dead set against going South of 466A. Things have changed. A visit to Fenney and a quick look at all the new amenities down South really changed our outlook. I'm a little nervous about our proximity to the Turnpike and the Federal Pen but if everything I've learned about The Villages over the years holds true, it will be beautiful in no time at all and we shouldn't be affected by either of those things. Just hope they get the connectivity bridges up A.S.A.P.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Based on the recent drone flyover the bridge over the turnpike is starting up. It shows steel being staged and a crane in place on the Brownwood side of the turnpike. Quick completion of Meggison road from Brownwood to Warm Springs for autos will be very helpful.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:02 PM

I’ve seen the latest drone fly-overs. Very impressive. I’ve also heard some rumors that the Bailey Road cattle bridge may be re-purposed as another golf cart bridge. I’m not sure what to believe and I’m surprised it’s so difficult to get factual information.
Closed Thread

Tags
square, market, area, close, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.