Village of Monarch Grove.

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!
Welcome home. You have made a wise choice. It was so much fun for us, (twice) to buy in a brand new village here and start out with a group of people that became our friends.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Every course in the Villages is within a 30 minute drive no matter where one lives.
I live in Tamarind Grove, a village built in 2011. That's near Seabreeze Rec Center or in general terms, around 466A and Buena Vista. From my house Lopez is a 55 minute cart ride, Glenview is 25 minutes, and that's because I know the shortcut through Winifred. Arnold Palmer is 20 minutes, Mallory is 20 minutes Cane Garden is 10 minutes, Havana is 15 minutes, Evans Prairie is 15 minutes, Bonifay is 20 minutes and Belle Glade is 25 minutes.

These don't sound too bad except for Lopez, so I almost never play there, I've gone 3 times in 8 years. However, my home is 9 miles from Rohan Rec Center and 14 miles from Fenney. By golf cart you're going 20 miles an hour and in many cases criss-crossing roads using tunnels. I don't foresee anyone down there whenever these bridges and roadways are finally finished going much beyond 466A to play. That's just me, maybe you don't mind an hour's ride before and after an 18 hole 4+ hour round of golf. I believe if I were to live in the new areas, I would probably drive a car and rent a cart for $6.00, you can do that now or maybe you are already.

Here's a link to all the courses both executive and championship. To give you an idea of the times from my location, I'm near executive #22 (Sand Hill).

https://www.golfthevillages.com/imag...Map.pdf?v=1711
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I would probably drive a car and rent a cart for $6.00, you can do that now or maybe you are already.
I totally agree. Use a car for the courses further away. Mode of transport gives you easy access to anything in TV from anywhere.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Default Waiting Fot Your Next Drone Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Work is already starting on the Bailey Bridge to allow it to connect across the Turnpike.

Drone shot of Bailey Bridge 6-19-19

According to reports I've read, it's being upgraded to handle both auto and GC traffic.

Growth plans are kept very quite to not impact current sale. The sales adage of SWAT, Sell What's Available Today applies. Don't want people not buying today because they are waiting for the next area to be built because will have a (fill in the blank) that I really want to be next to.
Future Villager here. Found you on YouTube. Greatly appreciate them. Waiting for your next one.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Future Villager here. Found you on YouTube. Greatly appreciate them. Waiting for your next one.
Hi Future villager
Are you buying a designer home? If so check out Gold Wing Nuts YouTube channel... Here's our LOT (he did this and sent it to me Christmas Day so we could show the kids what we were planning to do with their inheritance - what a truly fantastic present) and from April we will see our home being built. Gold Wing Nut is a star.

2719 Avalon Lane 00 - YouTube
Old 12-30-2019, 10:34 PM

Hi, My husband, Joel, and I will be moving to Monarch Grove when we sell our home in Kissimmee, hopefully in the next couple of months so I am following “our” forum now. Your comments are really helpful and we are anxious to get there. It sounds, and looks, like things are progressing on schedule. I hope to find others who play canasta, mahjongg, billiards .... golf fo my husband ... and we'll be checking out the closest rec centers. My name is Cheryl and we bought on Winton Court. (Hope I remembered that right!). We make visits now since it’s pretty close so we are hoping to meet some neighbors before the move. Thanks for the details in the posts.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
Hi Future villager
Are you buying a designer home? If so check out Gold Wing Nuts YouTube channel... Here's our LOT (he did this and sent it to me Christmas Day so we could show the kids what we were planning to do with their inheritance - what a truly fantastic present) and from April we will see our home being built. Gold Wing Nut is a star.

2719 Avalon Lane 00 - YouTube

Thanks for the mention Ashley. The company name is actually Gold Wingnut Productions. In this case it is a gilded fastener.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-01-2020, 08:04 AM

Be sure you join a FB group administered by a local resident. There are similarly named groups where the admin is an 'outsider", not a resident of his or her Village. Be sure you join the group. administered by a resident.
The Village of McClure
Village of Linden (the villages, fl)
Village of Monarch Grove (the villages, fl)
The Village of DeSoto
Old 01-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage

You will not see a connection to Brownwood in the first quarter of 2020.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!
Hey, we will have to meet up for lunch when we make the plunge later this year and move there from San Antonio! Looks like a S Texas to TV migration might be happening. Happy New Years!!!
Old 01-01-2020, 04:11 PM
Default Marsh Bend

[QUOTE=Ashley from UK;1705888]Hi Future villager
Are you buying a designer home? If so check out Gold Wing Nuts YouTube channel... Here's our LOT (he did this and sent it to me Christmas Day so we could show the kids what we were planning to do with their inheritance.

Greetings Ashley from UK,
I watched the video that Mr. Goldwingnut posted for you and then went to TV app map and found your spot. Looks like you did very well. My wife and I are looking for a similar spot, something with a view from the Lenai would be very nice. and YES, we are looking for a designer home, specifically, a Woodside. I see that beyond the golf course is Marsh Bend Trail? I could not see from the YouTube video but on TV app, it looks like the land beyond MB Trail is undeveloped. We would not mind being in either MB or Monarch Grove as long as we are not too close to the turn pike or power lines. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Bill & Sabrina
Future Villagers
Summer 2020

Last edited by Sabrina&Bill; 01-01-2020 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-05-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I could not see from the YouTube video but on TV app, it looks like the land beyond MB Trail is undeveloped. We would not mind being in either MB or Monarch Grove as long as we are not too close to the turn pike or power lines. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Bill & Sabrina - the 2 lots next to ours are still available, you could always become our future neighbours We are restricted to 6 months a year due to US Visa restrictions, so won't bug you most of the time I still have to work in the UK so we won't be over much for the next coupled of years, so will probably only use the home for about 3-4 weeks a year at best. I don't want to rent it either so it will be empty most of the time until about 2024. Our home is due mid July - or August if the FX hits $1:40 - £ 1.00 (the FX difference means we can get an extended pool and Lania for nothing!). I know what you feel about the power lines, My only gripe on our lot is that you can see 2 pylons in the distance, One will be obsured by trees on the golf course I expect, but that still leaves one... much as it anoys me I will simply have to photo shop it out or any photos I had been looking at the area on the map from January last year and prior to coming out on the lifestyle. I had pretty much determined the area I wanted and check TV at least twice a day. The desired lots suddenly appeared, as sold which I later found out sold within 2 hours of them being released and all of them went to people in the showroom at the time of release. When we opted for Avidon we stood on the lot and listened, I wanted to ensure the freeway wasn't noisy, nor Edna's Please to say I didn't notice the background noise.

Also have you clicked PENDING on the TV map, it shows all the confirmed homesites, and you can look at the agreed plans to get some ideas for changes. These are not just TV sales homes, but also the homes of your potential neighbours. Great source of inspiration when selecting your lot and any changes you may want - e.g. moving the bathroom configuration, and in our case a couple of internal walls.

I posted this link for you elsewhere, but if you haven't seen it - and for the benefit of others, if you scroll down on the map to Marsh Bend area, then zoom right in you can see every planned lot. I am guessing that this will be the 2020 program of works, at least the next 6 months. Aldi in Wildwood, 5643 Seven Mile Drive, telephone number and opening times

When we saw our agent in November he said no developments would take place south of Monach Grove for at least a year as restrictions on the land purchase meant that TV had to retain it as agricultural land for a minimum of a year (if I recall). If you search You Tube there for The Villages Expert he has a great drone video shoing the land between the Turnpike and 44 (Brownwood) that is likely to be the link between MB and Brownwood. Showing Off The New Golf Cart Bridges - YouTube Land clearence is underway but not construction yet. I would have thought this would be more of a priority once De Luna is completed so that TV north and south is completed for carts.

Have a look at the properties that are on the market, I flick to the last photo of the Lania, this shows how work is progressing in the surrounding areas, It looks like Marsh Bend and De Luna are the current centre of attention for construction works. I can only confirm this from afar (UK) though and Gold Wing Nut Productions and Two Planes will have much more accurate info. We are out to complete design specs from 1st to 7th March. More than happy to take some photo's video's for you if you have a lot or area in mind.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Smile Baby Boomer Rush to TV

[QUOTE=Ashley from UK;1707390]Hi Bill & Sabrina - the 2 lots next to ours are still available, you could always become our future neighbours We are restricted to 6 months a year due to US Visa restrictions, so won't bug you most of the time I still have to work in the UK so we won't be over much for the next coupled of years, so will probably only use the home for about 3-4 weeks a year at best. I don't want to rent it either so it will be empty most of the time until about 2024. Our home is due mid July - or August if the FX hits $1:40 - £ 1.00 (the FX difference means we can get an extended pool and Lania for nothing!). I know what you feel about the power lines, My only gripe on our lot is that you can see 2 pylons in the distance, One will be obsured by trees on the golf course I expect, but that still leaves one... much as it anoys me I will simply have to photo shop it out or any photos I had been looking at the area on the map from January last year and prior to coming out on the lifestyle. I had pretty much determined the area I wanted and check TV at least twice a day. The desired lots suddenly appeared, as sold which I later found out sold within 2 hours of them being released and all of them went to people in the showroom at the time of release. When we opted for Avidon we stood on the lot and listened, I wanted to ensure the freeway wasn't noisy, nor Edna's Please to say I didn't notice the background noise.

Ashley From UK<
Thank You so much for all that info. It was/will (be) very useful. I can’t even imagine what it will be like to move to another continent! My wife and I are stressed out enough to just moving cross country. Like you, I spend a lot of my time using TV app and on here, TOTV gathering info. My wife and I are divided on what kind of home we want. She is leaning to something Pre-Owned (North of 44) and I am attracted to the New Territory South of 44. I am leaning towards buying a pre build (“Spec Home”?) Woodside. We both agree on that. We like this floor plan for many reasons. I have a list of all (12) Woodsides on sale right now and watching them sell. I would love to find one that has the Bedroom 2, 3 & LIving Room Stretch. Also trying to decide on a second choice Floor plan, as a back up, but don’t have one at this time.
Wherever in TV we end up, we both would love to have a scenic view from our lenai, no “kissing neighbors. I know our chances are slim but for now, that is our hope. I use TV app every day checking for either new homes or lots. Nothing new in quite some time now. My wife keeps an eye out for pre-owned home, now and then. We both like the advantage of living north of 44 because of all of the amenities available and established there. While on our LSV last October, we had an excellent dinner at the Glenview CC and then a short ride to see a show at the Savanah Center (thanks to our VLS agent). We both play tennis and I got to play tennis on a Monday evening also at the Glenview CC with a great group of men. If we found the right home (location & floor plan) then I would be happy.
So, (hope I’m making sense?) I think in the end, when our California home is in escrow, we will fly down to TV and probably buy something that’s available. Wish we could do it differently but the wife does not want to commit ($$$) until our home here is sold.
I know what you mean about looking at the last pic of the spec homes and seeing the new, unseen homes. Just hoping the timing is good for us and we can find a Woodside in a nice area. With all I’ve said above about living north of 44 and I still very interested in making our home south of 44 and watching, over the years, it develop into another beautiful area of TV.
Please let me know if you hear or see anything about the new village of Chitty Chatty. I am thinking this would be a great area due to it’s proximity to north and the south.
Thanks again for your info and willingness to help. It’s Greatly Appricated!
Hope we can keep in touch.
Bill & Sabrina
Old 01-06-2020, 03:46 AM

Quote:
It was/will (be) very useful. I can’t even imagine what it will be like to move to another continent! My wife and I are stressed out enough to just moving cross country... My wife and I are divided on what kind of home we want.
Hi Sabrina & Bill
I have been visiting Orlando regularly since 1985, and bought in 2004 - only to loose the home as the developer was a fraudster... we will be living 6 months UK 6 months USA, it’s not stressfull - just an extended holiday which is always a lot of fun planning.

We have had a few ‘discussions’ on which house style. We pretty much concluded on a Mossy Oak, I will sort architectural elements and my wife the colour scheme. We did see our perfect home a year ago up north but it sold under a week. It amazes me the speed of sales, in Europe homes can take over a year to sell, in the UK 3-6 months is not uncommon.
We have had the debate north vs south, especially as we are long distance runners so will be running with TV running club who meet on Tuesday & Thursday at 7am @ Lake Sumter - getting up at 5am is not my idea of fun. But I figure we will be mid way between Brownwood & town 4, and whilst we are on the outskirts today over the next 25 years we will become central while the north will become far nirth. We also have to be realistic that our time in TV will probably be a max of 20 years, as its virtually impossible to get travel insurance over 80 at affordable prices. We have free healthcare in UK (because we pay 25.8% tax for our healthcare & state pensions) so can’t turn our backs on UK. That will be the hardest part. It also means we have to limit how much of a life we make in US.
Closed Thread

Tags
square, market, area, close, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.