Village of Monarch Grove.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-30-2019, 05:40 PM

Question Village of Monarch Grove.

We are looking to move to the villages. What can you tell me about the new area? Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?

Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM

Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I'll lead the responses with a half full / half empty discussion. Right now Monarch Grove is a sand pit, with many roads and utilities in, with the promise of yet another thriving village. I've owned in the very developed and mature area between 466 and 466A since 2016, but just recently became a full time resident. Last year I retired, and brought my brothers down for a week and we took a "road trip" down to Fenney and played on the then recently opened putt putt course. Fenney was nearly built out, and Desoto under construction. some site work was being done in McClure and marsh bend. I didnt have a clue what Linden and Monarch Grove might be. When you have a project that encompasses 250 new homes per month, 13-15 months is an eternity. Riverbend and Swallowtail open tomorrow and the beat goes on. Is it close to things ? Right now definitely NOT. You have the very pleasant Fenney Grill as the ONLY eatery within several miles. You have the Publix on 44 as the closest grocery store, with the promise of another on Warm Springs . perhaps in a year or 2. From where I am today, i can get to several regional rec centers, family and adult pools, within minutes, and sumter and brownwood are equidistant. 466A near trailwinds is developing nicely, albeit almost a decade after neighborhoods north and south of it were built. Will the migration to the new sections bring a vibrancy of community like prior building has ? Probably .. Will warm springs, 501, 44 get the commercial development that 466 and 466A have seen over the years ?? Probably. Much of the baby boomer population has prided themselves on delayed gratification. So, are you willing to wait for all that follow on development and expecting to live to see those young trees grow into mature landscapes ? I see it as a toss up .. moving to The Villages is a no brainer .. going into a mature area where many friendships already exist, or being a pioneer of sorts and being a founding member of a new village or community is a very personal decision.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2019, 07:46 PM

They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:18 AM

We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!
Old 05-31-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bythesea8 View Post
Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?
Traveling to Brownwood currently is only by auto on the roadways, Fenney is the furthest new village and it's about 5 miles from SR44 and Morse, and then it's about 4 miles from Morse Blvd to Brownwood, about 9 miles total. You'll have a cart path available within a year or so, that would make a second option. I live near Seabreeze Rec Center and Trailwinds Village which has the Lowe's, Aldis, Burger King, and and my house is 14 miles from Fenny.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.
wow.......when we played golf the other day, a security guard at Fenny told us the turnpike overpass would not be ready to go for another 2 years.....?

Hopefully he was wrong....
Old 05-31-2019, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
By Christmas 2020...no chance Christmas this year.

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 06-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread.
Today we went for a beautiful walk around Hogeye Marsh. On the way home to Osceola Hills, we stopped at the new Swallowtale pool in MG to wallow in the water for awhile.

I think MG is very good. The noise from the turnpike is MUCH less than in Marsh Bend. It will be easy to get in and out because there are three roads that connect to 501.

Good choice.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:57 PM

Really liking this thread feeling somewhat at home already now onto design meeting in August! Feeling much better about our MG decision...
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 PM

Hubby and I just drove over to MG this evening and it looks beautiful! Everything will fill in and connectivity will get you to other areas. Yes, you'll drive in your car for awhile, but we like getting places quickly anyway. Once you start meeting people and getting involved in activities, it won't make much difference which village you live in.

Tags
square, market, area, close, brownwood