Village of Monarch Grove.

Village of Monarch Grove.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 PM

We are in DeSoto, bought lot last June and built in 4th quarter. When we bought our lot last year there was nothing to the east of us. A year later DeSoto is built out, McClure is close to build out. Linden, Marsh Bend, and Monarch Grove are building like crazy and DeLuna is not far behind. So the homes will go up fast. I go to the Publix on 44 and Morse and it is like 10 minutes by car. The WalMart in Leesburg is 20 to 25 minutes. Brownwood is about 15 minutes, Lake Sumter 20 to 25 minutes. To me I don’t mind these drives. In the builders releases they state Magnolia Plaza will open in Fall of 2020 and connectivity with Brownwood by Q1 2020. If you are like me and don’t mind the drives then the frontier down south may be for you. If you want everything within a 15 minute cart ride then look in the established Villages north of 44.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 AM

Purchased a lot with a view in MG for many of the reasons Hurrikane stated.

Anticipating that area will be filled in by this time next year if not sooner. Loved the peaceful natural beauty of the trails, clusters of trees and the openness with man made water features in the area. The new local amenities are first class also.

MG will be more and more central over the next 5-10 years assuming growth continues so likely a new square to the south at some point. May not help me but my heirs will enjoy it ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2019, 07:54 AM

My wife and I just purchased in Monarch Grove. We close on 07/11. We've been visiting T.V. for almost 15 years now and up until 2 months ago were dead set against going South of 466A. Things have changed. A visit to Fenney and a quick look at all the new amenities down South really changed our outlook. I'm a little nervous about our proximity to the Turnpike and the Federal Pen but if everything I've learned about The Villages over the years holds true, it will be beautiful in no time at all and we shouldn't be affected by either of those things. Just hope they get the connectivity bridges up A.S.A.P.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:02 PM

Based on the recent drone flyover the bridge over the turnpike is starting up. It shows steel being staged and a crane in place on the Brownwood side of the turnpike. Quick completion of Meggison road from Brownwood to Warm Springs for autos will be very helpful.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:02 PM

I’ve seen the latest drone fly-overs. Very impressive. I’ve also heard some rumors that the Bailey Road cattle bridge may be re-purposed as another golf cart bridge. I’m not sure what to believe and I’m surprised it’s so difficult to get factual information.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

Did not realize that while Fenney is Sumter County, the millrate tax is more in Fenney due to Wildwood. My millrate near colony (Sumter County) is about 11 (or $1100 per $100k), while Fenney areas is about $400 more per $100k or $1500 per $100k; higher taxes. Homestead will help but interesting higher taxes.

Last edited by Debfrommaine; 07-08-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:49 PM

Moved in to our home in Monarch Grove in June and love the near by amenities at Riverbend, Robert dog park, and Swallowtail. Plus other villages are nearby at Marsh Bend, McClure, DeSoto, and Fenney. Many homes and lots are being sold in Monarch Grove and many sales pending or houses are sold. Check Villages app and filter to new and pending in Monarch Grove only and click map. People haven’t moved into some yet and yes construction is still going on albeit a short term issue. My wife and I drive around in our golf cart to watch the progress.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM

Also noticed bunch of spec homes and some new lots appeared in the app this week in MG.

What short term issue?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
I’ve seen the latest drone fly-overs. Very impressive. I’ve also heard some rumors that the Bailey Road cattle bridge may be re-purposed as another golf cart bridge. I’m not sure what to believe and I’m surprised it’s so difficult to get factual information.
Work is already starting on the Bailey Bridge to allow it to connect across the Turnpike.

Drone shot of Bailey Bridge 6-19-19

According to reports I've read, it's being upgraded to handle both auto and GC traffic.

Growth plans are kept very quite to not impact current sale. The sales adage of SWAT, Sell What's Available Today applies. Don't want people not buying today because they are waiting for the next area to be built because will have a (fill in the blank) that I really want to be next to.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Tags
square, market, area, close, brownwood