Village of Monarch Grove.

Village of Monarch Grove.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!
Welcome home. You have made a wise choice. It was so much fun for us, (twice) to buy in a brand new village here and start out with a group of people that became our friends.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Every course in the Villages is within a 30 minute drive no matter where one lives.
I live in Tamarind Grove, a village built in 2011. That's near Seabreeze Rec Center or in general terms, around 466A and Buena Vista. From my house Lopez is a 55 minute cart ride, Glenview is 25 minutes, and that's because I know the shortcut through Winifred. Arnold Palmer is 20 minutes, Mallory is 20 minutes Cane Garden is 10 minutes, Havana is 15 minutes, Evans Prairie is 15 minutes, Bonifay is 20 minutes and Belle Glade is 25 minutes.

These don't sound too bad except for Lopez, so I almost never play there, I've gone 3 times in 8 years. However, my home is 9 miles from Rohan Rec Center and 14 miles from Fenney. By golf cart you're going 20 miles an hour and in many cases criss-crossing roads using tunnels. I don't foresee anyone down there whenever these bridges and roadways are finally finished going much beyond 466A to play. That's just me, maybe you don't mind an hour's ride before and after an 18 hole 4+ hour round of golf. I believe if I were to live in the new areas, I would probably drive a car and rent a cart for $6.00, you can do that now or maybe you are already.

Here's a link to all the courses both executive and championship. To give you an idea of the times from my location, I'm near executive #22 (Sand Hill).

https://www.golfthevillages.com/imag...Map.pdf?v=1711
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I would probably drive a car and rent a cart for $6.00, you can do that now or maybe you are already.
I totally agree. Use a car for the courses further away. Mode of transport gives you easy access to anything in TV from anywhere.

Tags
square, market, area, close, brownwood