September Weather

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Gold member
Cool September Weather

We have vacation time in September and are getting ready to book flights to come and take a tour of The Villages. What is the weather like in September?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzPajamas View Post
We have vacation time in September and are getting ready to book flights to come and take a tour of The Villages. What is the weather like in September?
highs in the low 90s...lows in the high 70s.... afternoon or evening t storms
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Gold member
Cool

Will 4 days and 5 nights be enough time to spend? Want to get a general feel for the place and look at homes
Old 05-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Bosoxfan

Took us 3 days..bring your checkbook you're going to love this place!!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Gold member

Plan to do inside things in the middle of the day. Not sure where you live now but unless it is tropical, the Florida heat and humidity will be noticeable. May want to stay a few more days to get a better feel for everything without being rushed.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Sage

I made up my mind to buy a house after a 3-day visit. Then came back and chose and bought a house in 4 days.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

One warning about the weather - September is the height of the hurricane season. It has been several years since we had anything but some higher than normal winds and more than normal liquid sunshine from a hurricane here but it could happen. And I agree with the above posts - you're gonna want to stay longer and enjoy it more. - AND ENJOY IT YOU WILL!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Default September weather

Our Life Style Preview visit was in August. We wanted to see what the weather was like at that time of year since we knew we would be full timers. The weather was no worse than mid August in Massachusetts. I wrongly assumed that if it was hot in Massachusetts it would be siginificantly hotter in Florida. We have more 90 degree days in Florida but I would not trade them for the freezing cold, snow and wind of Mass. winters. Granted it is hot in the summer, but usually we have a nice breeze in the afternoon. Both my husband and I play golf and pickleball all summer long. You do get used to the heat (60 degree days feel cool to me). Everything is air conditioned and TV isn't as crowded....life is great in the summer.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr2482 View Post
Our Life Style Preview visit was in August. We wanted to see what the weather was like at that time of year since we knew we would be full timers. The weather was no worse than mid August in Massachusetts. I wrongly assumed that if it was hot in Massachusetts it would be siginificantly hotter in Florida. We have more 90 degree days in Florida but I would not trade them for the freezing cold, snow and wind of Mass. winters. Granted it is hot in the summer, but usually we have a nice breeze in the afternoon. Both my husband and I play golf and pickleball all summer long. You do get used to the heat (60 degree days feel cool to me). Everything is air conditioned and TV isn't as crowded....life is great in the summer.
Amen. I don't believe I would ever miss the snow, ice and cold of a Chicago winter. I want to experience once again a Florida summer, so I will be back in TV on July 6. If I can survive a TV summer, I'm sure I can survive a TV winter.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzPajamas View Post
Four days and 5 nights will be enough time for you to fall in love and want to come back soon! Take the trolley tour for a good overview. Visit the town squares in the early evenings for the live music and dancing. Check out some of the rec. centers and visit a neighborhood pool. Talk with everyone you meet. You won't believe how friendly, warm and welcoming everyone is.

BTW, you're right. She is the KatzPajamas!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.