village preferences?

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Southern is frequently spoken here, by many lovely people.

I have unaccented speech. I am from Ohio.
Boy howdy!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Boy howdy!
Wicked good....
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I love that sentence.

"The Villages is a melting pot of Great Americans."
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
We are looking at villages based on our golf course preference, not looking for folks who speak "southern". We like Hacienda, Tierra del Sol, and Mallory, so we are looking for something off Morse.

Having said that, we will probably buy based on our financial situation, considering the costs in relocating to TV. Once we are there, then we will organize a "registered redneck club"! LOL
Now ya' ll what is wrong with the way us Southerns tawlk?

Army Guy
Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM

Hey Folks,

I was raised as a Military brat and attended 26 different schools. I have a tendency to take on various accents without even knowing it, until my husband looks at me and says, "What the hell". I just laugh my rear off, I can't help it. Sometimes I really like to enhance my southern drawl, that really bugs him. Dang, we are going to have so much fun in The Villages with all you folks who talk funny.

The last time we visited we checked out various neighborhoods to see if there would be a difference in care. The more we drove about the more we realized there wasn't a bad hood in The Villages.

With that said, here we come to Buttonwood. I will bring all my various accents and have a blast torturing my cute husband, he really like being teased.

Later
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Hey Folks,

I was raised as a Military brat and attended 26 different schools. I have a tendency to take on various accents without even knowing it, until my husband looks at me and says, "What the hell". I just laugh my rear off, I can't help it. Sometimes I really like to enhance my southern drawl, that really bugs him. Dang, we are going to have so much fun in The Villages with all you folks who talk funny.

The last time we visited we checked out various neighborhoods to see if there would be a difference in care. The more we drove about the more we realized there wasn't a bad hood in The Villages.

With that said, here we come to Buttonwood. I will bring all my various accents and have a blast torturing my cute husband, he really like being teased.

Later

Ya'll Come!!

Army Guy
Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Hey Folks,

Later
Jhooman,
We're excited for you.

I can relate to your picking up accents you hear. I sometimes find myself doing that when conversing with someone, without thought or intention. Maybe I was a parrot in a former life.

Still'n all, I quickly revert back to southern.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.