village preferences?

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Default village preferences?

do people look around for villages that are occupied by people that are from the same part of the country, as themselves?....
are there such village that have more people from new england, or other parts of the country?
thanks

mike
Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

I love the fact that each village is a melting pot of people from different states and other countries. They do have individual clubs such as the Indiana, New York, etc.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
do people look around for villages that are occupied by people that are from the same part of the country, as themselves?....
are there such village that have more people from new england, or other parts of the country?
thanks

mike

NO!

Good people are good people wherever they are from. Just get the house your want and I'm sure the people will be your friends very shortly.

aj
Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
thanks

mike
Heavens no! Neighbors from all over is part of what makes TV TV.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
NO!

Good people are good people wherever they are from. Just get the house your want and I'm sure the people will be your friends very shortly.

aj

If you want to meet people from the same part of the country as you, there maybe a club that you can join.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Heavens no! Neighbors from all over is part of what makes TV TV.
I agree 100 percent.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

I think that each village is a bit of a melting pot - I like it that way. However, having said that, I do enjoy meeting folks who have lived where we have. it is like a special present to meet someone that knows someone you went to college or HS with, etc. I am not a club joiner, but, if you are, 2BNTV has a good suggestion.

BTW - since it sounds as if you are from our (former) neck of the woods... welcome and would be happy to swap stories in person some time...

k

Last edited by katezbox; 03-28-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
thanks

mike
I've never heard of a Village that is specifically designed to house residents of one part of the country. It is usually based on when you purchase.

If your concern is meeting people with like interests, or like personalities, there are many Clubs designed for specific states or countries, or music interests, or hobbies, etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
thanks

mike
We are looking at villages based on our golf course preference, not looking for folks who speak "southern". We like Hacienda, Tierra del Sol, and Mallory, so we are looking for something off Morse.

Having said that, we will probably buy based on our financial situation, considering the costs in relocating to TV. Once we are there, then we will organize a "registered redneck club"! LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Southern is frequently spoken here, by many lovely people.

I have unaccented speech. I am from Ohio.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Southern is frequently spoken here, by many lovely people.

I have unaccented speech. I am from Ohio.
Being so close to the "southern border" of OH, I'd have thought you'd have picked up a bit of a twang in your voice by now!!!! Must be that central OH history still hangin' on...........

Bill
Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

Actually we searched for a home that was "out of this world" and, lo and behold, we found it! Imagine our surprise that everybody we meet are "out of this world " too! TV is all that!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:00 PM

We weren't looking for neighborhoods with CT residents and have people from all over the states, Canada and England. What fun.

But, aside from that, it does seem like we run into people from CT, lol.
It's a small world. Even some who lived near our town.

life is amazing, isn't it?
Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 AM

TV is a true melting pot of Great Americans. We have made our contributions and are now looking to settle down and enjoy an active retirement. Having the opportunity to meet new friends from all over this great nation is a truly unique and privilged opportunity.

The decision a prospective buyer should be thinking is Villa, Designer, Premium...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Actually we searched for a home that was "out of this world" and, lo and behold, we found it! Imagine our surprise that everybody we meet are "out of this world " too! TV is all that!
Well said!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.