Is the Villages as great as I hear

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkard View Post
Where I'm stuck is If this idea has worked so well can someone explain to me why nobody else has been able to duplicate what's been done?
I also understand that these a bond that needs to be paid off. Is this something that's included with your real estate taxs and thus tax deductible as far as my friends at the IRS are concerned?
Ken
This community takes in 40 square miles in a part of Florida that has great climate. There aren't many places like that for a developer to develop. The big factor is they spare no expense to make this place manicured and beautiful. They don't use every square foot to develop, instead leave large areas natural. What is built is maintained constantly and everything always looks new. There is a large price range of homes to suit everyone and wherever you move into you have access to everywhere. It's like spending the rest of your life in a vacation resort.
As far as the bond is concerned, it is your share of the cost of the sewers, roads, etc which is usually included in the original cost of the home . Here it is a separate bill which you can include in your house payment, pay once a year or pay off. It's not a tax so not deductible.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Sage

Is the Villages as great as I hear?

Where I'm stuck is If this idea has worked so well can someone explain to me why nobody else has been able to duplicate what's been done?

It has been tried by many different developers in various places in the U.S. but they never did it on the grand scale like it has been done in TV. Gary Morse thought of everything and what is not here, will be put here, by his children!
Gary Morse was a genius and a master developer. IMHO

Do yourself a favor and come down, and see for yourself. There aren't enough words to explain how beautiful this place is. It's the feeling you get, when you visit.

After your visit, you won't need to be convinced. You will want to move here!!! This place, sells itself.

Could 110,000 people be wrong?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Gold member

They don't even have Mall Walking here.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Yeah! And we don't need a mall to walk in.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
No need to be indoors for walking!!!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:18 AM

The lifestyle here is incredible. It is the surrounding areas that concern me. These three County's are the poorest on record in FL.
I lived in SW. FL for well over 10yr. and never heard of the crime like you hear on the news around here.
Plus the fact that the developer has not been very truthful as to when the Final Buildout will come. As long as you are competing against the developer you will never make any money on you investment.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbirds99 View Post
The lifestyle here is incredible. It is the surrounding areas that concern me. These three County's are the poorest on record in FL.
I lived in SW. FL for well over 10yr. and never heard of the crime like you hear on the news around here. ??????????
Plus the fact that the developer has not been very truthful as to when the Final Buildout will come. As long as you are competing against the developer you will never make any money on you investment.

Sumter county used to be one of the worst as far as unemployment in Florida...now it is the best with the lowest unemployment in the whole state.

I read what you said about the truthfulness and the final buildout. What would you do, if it were you and you had all the money you needed for several lifetimes, but had thousands of people working that depended on their work from your company?

Many of us would quit and take our money. I have a sneaking suspicion that Gary Morse's kids are a good deal like him. They must be so proud of this place and so content with the life they have given us villagers and the crews of men and women who have worked for them for decades.

Twice we have talked to the head builder who built our two homes here. Different men, but they both said the same thing. They had worked for Gary Morse since he came from Michigan and they had nothing but good things to say about him. We watched both homes being built.

They try to do their best. They were employed when the rest of the country was in a building stop.

There are all kinds of success and only some is measured in money.

And your comment about crime in southern Florida and here??? Compared to Miami and Orlando??? No comparison.

Maybe what you meant is the crime in Orlando you see on Television.

I never dreamed that I would live in a place that kept me so busy and happy, and live there with thousands of people who worked hard all of their lives and are living like millionaires used to live. It could be so different. No matter so many people wonder....WHAT'S THE CATCH?

No. I don't work for the developers and sadly never met Gary Morse...or his kids.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

It's probably even better because what you hear is from the perspective of someone else. There is so much to do here that you will find those things that really appeal to you, and make it special. You gotta see it and feel it to believe it!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
I lived in SW. FL for well over 10yr. and never heard of the crime like you hear on the news around here.
Sorry, I totally disagree with your assumptions. Where are the statistics that support your statement? What three areas are you talking about? Possibly Wildwood and? How does that affect the crime rate within TV? I think it is a very safe area as the crime rate is very low! Like any city with a population of 110,000, there will be some crime. I feel very safe here. The city I moved from was the murder capital of the U.S.A at one time.

The developer never had a firm build-out date. As he saw there could be other areas to be developed, being a great business man, he developed them. Gary Morse never mislead anyone! His children will carry his legacy by doing the right thing by TV residents. This place gets better every day.

There have been other posts where some people have claimed TV will be run down after build-out. I don't believe that for one second!!! Gary's children continue to make TV, the top retirement destination. His grandchildren will be brought into the business to further continue his legacy.

We will all be dead and gone and our children will be able to move to TV and still enjoy this paradise and some already have come and decided they wanted to move here!

BTW - I am not related to the developers family.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Gold member

It's almost funny when people come from major metro areas with huge ghettos they would not set foot in because of simmering/incendiary problems like Ferguson, and yet they condemn TV for being near poor people in surrounding towns.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I don't know where you got your information from.
The 3 poorest counties in Florida are Hamilton, Dixie and Putnam. The counties here aren't even in the top 10.
The crime rate here is no where near crime in other parts of Florida.
There has never been an exact date that the Villages would be at build out.
And who do you mean that is competing with the developer ?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:50 PM

Aside from a mortgage what are the costs of living at T.V.? We visited in Oct. of 2014 and fell in love we want to buy a place and rent it out for a few years while we finish our careers here in Ohio. Any advice or thoughts? Thank you
Old 04-16-2015, 10:01 PM

We love the villages..... We've only been here for a few short months. Worth every penny and the people we've met here are great.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Platinum member

It's a terrible place and I'm sure you would not like it!
Old 04-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkard View Post
A friend of mine was just down 2 weeks ago and got sold on the entire idea and bought a $700k home. He's trying to sell me on the entire package, home, lifestyle etc to get me to move down from Myrtle Beach.
I also understand that these a bond that needs to be paid off. Is this something that's included with your real estate taxs and thus tax deductible as far as my friends at the IRS are concerned?
Ken
it's too crowded. nobody goes there anymore.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.