The Villages Under 55?

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2021, 01:47 AM
Red face Oh, if it were only Harleys.

Not a whiner but we had visitors in town this past week and took a trip to Sumter Landing for dinner and ice cream after at the dock. We had four golf carts and drove to the square so the young ones would enjoy it more. Two young men came in behind us with their car stereo blaring with pretty obscene language in the music, hard to believe but the language was very clear and the kids were wide eyed and shocked! We had two young teens in the group and they couldn't believe it. Pretty embarrassing!
This is happening more now since the Villages is now a "city" and not a private gated community. Lots of things changed since we visited in the past, we moved here to get away form that and fear it will grow. Just saying, we retired to TV escape some of the things that seem to be moving in.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyd017 View Post
Not a whiner but we had visitors in town this past week and took a trip to Sumter Landing for dinner and ice cream after at the dock. We had four golf carts and drove to the square so the young ones would enjoy it more. Two young men came in behind us with their car stereo blaring with pretty obscene language in the music, hard to believe but the language was very clear and the kids were wide eyed and shocked! We had two young teens in the group and they couldn't believe it. Pretty embarrassing!
This is happening more now since the Villages is now a "city" and not a private gated community. Lots of things changed since we visited in the past, we moved here to get away form that and fear it will grow. Just saying, we retired to TV escape some of the things that seem to be moving in.
That doesn’t sound too pleasant, but I’m not sure what that says about living there under 55. The town squares and streets are certainly open to the public right?
Old 08-08-2021, 07:45 AM

I am 41 going on 70 and I love it here so don't hesitate to come down here early. I am fortunate to have a beautiful wife who is 55. Be ready for the age-ism though, lol I often go to the rec centers and sales centers to ask questions because we are still new here and I often get a response of 'well you have to be a resident to do ____' and then I hit them with resident card. Its the proudest piece of plastic I have in my wallet! All jokes aside we are connecting with people of all ages based on interests and kind heartedness.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

TV is not a city.
And has never been a private gated community.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
That doesn’t sound too pleasant, but I’m not sure what that says about living there under 55. The town squares and streets are certainly open to the public right?
Yes, the town squares and streets here in TV are open to the public, and I, too, do not see what the complaint about blaring obscene music has to do with living here under age 55. I'll pretty much guarantee that the classless morons guilty of the overly loud and distasteful music do not live here in TV. There have been a lot of troublemakers (to put it mildly) coming into TV recently. Look at those types upon which to lay the blame for things involving loud & obnoxious stereo usage moreso than those of us that are under 55 and living here.

Heck, I'm more likely to be listening to classical, Big Band, or 50s & 60s rock on my phone in my golf cart than any of the modern crap you'll hear coming from the car stereos of the punks coming into TV from outside!
Old 08-08-2021, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleena View Post
Yes, the town squares and streets here in TV are open to the public, and I, too, do not see what the complaint about blaring obscene music has to do with living here under age 55. I'll pretty much guarantee that the classless morons guilty of the overly loud and distasteful music do not live here in TV. There have been a lot of troublemakers (to put it mildly) coming into TV recently. Look at those types upon which to lay the blame for things involving loud & obnoxious stereo usage moreso than those of us that are under 55 and living here.

Heck, I'm more likely to be listening to classical, Big Band, or 50s & 60s rock on my phone in my golf cart than any of the modern crap you'll hear coming from the car stereos of the punks coming into TV from outside!
Hell, our parents though that our "Classic Rock" was obscene...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-08-2021, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyd017 View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that those teenagers were quite familiar with those lyrics...

They were probably shocked that they had to watch Grandma hear them...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

The main bad thing about moving to The Villages while under the age of 55 is that I didn't get a chance to do it myself. If I could have retired here at 52 instead of 62, I would have had 10 more years of fun here!
Old 08-27-2021, 06:35 PM

A guy is under 55 and his wife is even younger. They got a pass by TV. They had the same concerns but they are in a new house in st Catherine’s and there are younger people in the new homes overall. I’m younger also in the new area.

Last edited by Calisport; 08-27-2021 at 07:04 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, area, enjoy, people, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.