Visit number two: starts tomorrow

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Default Visit number two: starts tomorrow

Second visit to TV which starts tomorrow Dec 7-15. Staying in a rental cottage in the Village of Hemingway with another couple. I am as excited for our friends to see what we have already seen in June. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations and spirit in and around the area. If my blinker on my cart is on don't be too tough on me...
Old 12-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Be sure to rent a four-seater (all facing forward) for at least one day. Years ago we did this on one of visits and it was the best day.

Be safe.

Enjoy.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Be sure to rent a four-seater (all facing forward) for at least one day. Years ago we did this on one of visits and it was the best day.

Be safe.

Enjoy.
Cottage comes with a four seater two rear facing gas this time instead of electric in June baby steps. If I can safely navigate the turnpike from Orlando airport the rest is easy. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
Second visit to TV which starts tomorrow Dec 7-15. Staying in a rental cottage in the Village of Hemingway with another couple. I am as excited for our friends to see what we have already seen in June. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations and spirit in and around the area. If my blinker on my cart is on don't be too tough on me...
Enjoy! We spent three winters renting with another couple (lifelong friends) in Hemingway and enjoyed it immensely. Darting up Canal street to Sumter Landing is a treat. All kinds of Executive courses within a 10 minute cart ride. Our favorites are Truman, Roosevelt, Becall, Bogart, Yankee Clipper, Southern Star, and Pelican occasionally for a challenge. Havana is the nearest Championship Course and the restaurant is one of the best of the Villages Country Clubs. Have fun and pack in all the activities and entertainment you can stand. (Go to a show at the Sharon or Savannah Center if you can - they are all good! Welcome.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Enjoy! We spent three winters renting with another couple (lifelong friends) in Hemingway and enjoyed it immensely. Darting up Canal street to Sumter Landing is a treat. All kinds of Executive courses within a 10 minute cart ride. Our favorites are Truman, Roosevelt, Becall, Bogart, Yankee Clipper, Southern Star, and Pelican occasionally for a challenge. Havana is the nearest Championship Course and the restaurant is one of the best of the Villages Country Clubs. Have fun and pack in all the activities and entertainment you can stand. (Go to a show at the Sharon or Savannah Center if you can - they are all good! Welcome.
Thanks so much have been given advice on another post about mostly the same courses. First visit was all championship courses. We will play Havana and hopefully at least a couple executives. We stayed at Virginia Trace last time and it was a long drive to Brownwood. Hemingway is a twenty minute golf cart ride to either square.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Long golf cart rides

I think you will find that your tolerance for golf cart travel increases dramatically the more you enjoy your time here! We live in St Charles, roughly the equivalent to Hemingway but on the Buena Vista side, and we take the cart everywhere.....except Fenney and points south of Rt 44! That's a 20 minute drive in the car for us. Enjoy!
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

I am so happy for you
Old 12-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Remember you are not on vacation. Try to look at everything the way you would the area around your present home. Be sure to go outside of the community and see what is going on. If you can rent for a period of time before you buy.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Flight leaves at 8:01 pm thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, tomorrow, starts, june, forward

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.