Visit number two: starts tomorrow

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:02 AM
User's Original Comment
Craig Vernon's Avatar
Craig Vernon Craig Vernon is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Concord Ohio
Posts: 34
Thanks: 149
Thanked 29 Times in 12 Posts
Default Visit number two: starts tomorrow

Second visit to TV which starts tomorrow Dec 7-15. Staying in a rental cottage in the Village of Hemingway with another couple. I am as excited for our friends to see what we have already seen in June. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations and spirit in and around the area. If my blinker on my cart is on don't be too tough on me...
  #2  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:05 AM
User's Original Comment
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 4,945
Thanks: 81
Thanked 451 Times in 232 Posts
Default

Be sure to rent a four-seater (all facing forward) for at least one day. Years ago we did this on one of visits and it was the best day.


Be safe.


Enjoy.
__________________
Mr. Helpful.
  #3  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:09 AM
User's Original Comment
Craig Vernon's Avatar
Craig Vernon Craig Vernon is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Concord Ohio
Posts: 34
Thanks: 149
Thanked 29 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Be sure to rent a four-seater (all facing forward) for at least one day. Years ago we did this on one of visits and it was the best day.


Be safe.


Enjoy.
Cottage comes with a four seater two rear facing gas this time instead of electric in June baby steps. If I can safely navigate the turnpike from Orlando airport the rest is easy. Thanks!
  #4  
Old 12-06-2019, 11:34 AM
User's Original Comment
eweissenbach's Avatar
eweissenbach eweissenbach is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV
Posts: 4,273
Thanks: 26
Thanked 97 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
Second visit to TV which starts tomorrow Dec 7-15. Staying in a rental cottage in the Village of Hemingway with another couple. I am as excited for our friends to see what we have already seen in June. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations and spirit in and around the area. If my blinker on my cart is on don't be too tough on me...
Enjoy! We spent three winters renting with another couple (lifelong friends) in Hemingway and enjoyed it immensely. Darting up Canal street to Sumter Landing is a treat. All kinds of Executive courses within a 10 minute cart ride. Our favorites are Truman, Roosevelt, Becall, Bogart, Yankee Clipper, Southern Star, and Pelican occasionally for a challenge. Havana is the nearest Championship Course and the restaurant is one of the best of the Villages Country Clubs. Have fun and pack in all the activities and entertainment you can stand. (Go to a show at the Sharon or Savannah Center if you can - they are all good! Welcome.
__________________
Oldcoach Ed
"You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails" "Be yourself - everyone else is taken"
  #5  
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 PM
User's Original Comment
Craig Vernon's Avatar
Craig Vernon Craig Vernon is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Concord Ohio
Posts: 34
Thanks: 149
Thanked 29 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Enjoy! We spent three winters renting with another couple (lifelong friends) in Hemingway and enjoyed it immensely. Darting up Canal street to Sumter Landing is a treat. All kinds of Executive courses within a 10 minute cart ride. Our favorites are Truman, Roosevelt, Becall, Bogart, Yankee Clipper, Southern Star, and Pelican occasionally for a challenge. Havana is the nearest Championship Course and the restaurant is one of the best of the Villages Country Clubs. Have fun and pack in all the activities and entertainment you can stand. (Go to a show at the Sharon or Savannah Center if you can - they are all good! Welcome.
Thanks so much have been given advice on another post about mostly the same courses. First visit was all championship courses. We will play Havana and hopefully at least a couple executives. We stayed at Virginia Trace last time and it was a long drive to Brownwood. Hemingway is a twenty minute golf cart ride to either square.
  #6  
Old 12-06-2019, 08:54 PM
User's Original Comment
bandsdavis bandsdavis is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Long golf cart rides

I think you will find that your tolerance for golf cart travel increases dramatically the more you enjoy your time here! We live in St Charles, roughly the equivalent to Hemingway but on the Buena Vista side, and we take the cart everywhere.....except Fenney and points south of Rt 44! That's a 20 minute drive in the car for us. Enjoy!
  #7  
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM
User's Original Comment
stan the man stan the man is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 386
Thanks: 110
Thanked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I am so happy for you
  #8  
Old 12-07-2019, 01:37 PM
User's Original Comment
rjm1cc's Avatar
rjm1cc rjm1cc is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,819
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Remember you are not on vacation. Try to look at everything the way you would the area around your present home. Be sure to go outside of the community and see what is going on. If you can rent for a period of time before you buy.
  #9  
Old 12-07-2019, 04:15 PM
User's Original Comment
Craig Vernon's Avatar
Craig Vernon Craig Vernon is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Concord Ohio
Posts: 34
Thanks: 149
Thanked 29 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Flight leaves at 8:01 pm thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
Reply

Tags
visit, tomorrow, starts, june, forward

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.