Visiting in September
Home

Menu

Visiting in September

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Political Talk Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Sage

Have a friend who moved here and was a single, youngish (closer to 55 than 65) black woman. She made friends -- like you, she was friendly and loved to dance. Well, she still lives here, is now closer to 65, if not already there, and in a committed relationship. Skin color really doesn't matter to the majority of people here. Attitude does.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Old 08-13-2017, 08:16 AM

Thank you all for your valuable comments and suggestions. I am soooo looking forward to my visit and am making a list from these comments on things that I can do once I arrive. I love this site, people are so honest and helpful, especially for newcomers. I am excited for my new adventures and about making new friends.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 08:36 AM

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina / Retired in Duval

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg2peb View Post
Thank you all for your valuable comments and suggestions. I am soooo looking forward to my visit and am making a list from these comments on things that I can do once I arrive. I love this site, people are so honest and helpful, especially for newcomers. I am excited for my new adventures and about making new friends.
We have friends that belong to both clubs. They are very active in TV and love it here. We have invited them to our home multiple times, play golf go out for drinks, over the last 5 years. I asked once if they ever felt it was the wrong move or felt uncomfortable here. They just smiled, and said they have such great friends here and color of anyone has never been a factor. Staying a month will give you time to enjoy this wonderful place.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
have a friend who moved here and was a single, youngish (closer to 55 than 65) black woman. She made friends -- like you, she was friendly and loved to dance. Well, she still lives here, is now closer to 65, if not already there, and in a committed relationship. Skin color really doesn't matter to the majority of people here. Attitude does.
Amen.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg2peb View Post
My wife and I bought our house nearly 2 years before moving here this last February. I was on this site all the time while counting down the days, asking all kinds of questions and nearly always got honest, helpful answers. There may be some jerks here in The Villages and her on Talk of The Villages, but they are vastly outnumbered by happy, helpful people. During visits here, about all you have to do to get people to help you is stand somewhere where there are people and look puzzled. You won't believe how often complete strangers will offer to help here. The key, I think, is that we're all thrilled to be retired, thrilled to have the options that The Villages offers and thrilled to be surrounded by like-minded folks.

Have fun in September! It'll be hot for sure, but if you can take it in Florida in September, you can easily take it the rest of the year. The secret is indoor activities in the afternoon (and there are lots of those!).

Tags
american, african, offered, demographics, september